Ferians..

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

As a Friendly station Ferians are and can be useful to the careful pilot, However, Last night I was watching them and like the old days with the Dwarg, I couldn't help but have a feeling for these creatures....want something more for them..

I am very happy that the Dwarg have moved up in the universe and hope they continue with their story line..but the Ferians, I think could use a bit more.

I am terrible at communication ; so bear w/ me here.
============
Originally my first impulse with Ferians, being as they are connected to the Ringers, was to put a young Ringer on the station to give missions against Outlaw Miners that would invade Ferian space.

However, while making the station useful to the player, this "fix" does nothing for the Ferians.

So last night I had the thought of " what if the PlayerShip could donate food to the Ferians ?"
(not that I had any on my ship at the time, I was carrying fuel, Akan & MAG ammo).

The Ferians are not a wealthy faction & I think the PlayerShip might be able to serve the Ferians, themselves & maybe a relationship with Domina if they interacted with friendly factions less fortunate then others.....

Now, of course, you could score points by donating to the Sisters ....but are you really ?
you know there is a payoff ..otherwise you wouldn't bother.
What if Domina was keeping score and seeing what you did without surety of profit ?
( and perhaps reward potentials for the PlayerShip if it earns it ( die roll based on relationship) :
I was thinking shield / weapon/ armor enhancements )

But the reward isn't guaranteed in exchange for services rendered.
================================
What do you think?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't even think that the Ferians would consider your generous donation lol. They are like the Annunaki story of aliens genetic engineering us humans to serve as mindless miners.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

TheLoneWolf wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:27 pm
I don't even think that the Ferians would consider your generous donation lol. They are like the Annunaki story of aliens genetic engineering us humans to serve as mindless miners.
True, but the Ferians themselves, zoanthropes, are irrelevant : it was to try making a positive use for a friendly station.

Otherwise, I mean , I don't like killing friendlies to get their loot....
I do it if a Mining Colony doesn't spawn in Eridani, sure. I take out a few Borers before they Gate out so I can get the mining Laser ...

But killing zoanthropes never, ever set right...unless they shoot first..

So, when I want a Ferian Colony opened up, I try to drag a fight to it..doesn't always work..

these new versions have stations so far spread out and higher systems I have seen are so sparsely populated I crave MORE systems just to rig the ship for the ICS battle ( which now takes FOREVER)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..