Anacreon Era III Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Enyalius Jin wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 am
Well, first mistake made... in the original Anacreon, you could deploy a 'side' fleet and attack with only that fleet. Deployed Stingers to attack a planet, but when I hit 'attack', all my troops went in and my jumpcruisers got shredded. Ordering them to stay in 'orbit' on a second attack didn't seem to help either. Do you just send the Stingers ahead or is there a way to do this more efficiently?

I've spawned myself a number of times, just testing out mechanics and invasions, etc. Spawning seems pretty random. Mostly I'm starting biotech with just a small (few thousand) jumpfleet, but one time I started with a large number of starships and in my current spawn I had about 50K jumpships and a lot of imperial guards. I'm next to Crystalline Federation at the moment. I go on vacation on Thursday, so I'll just fool around and possibly re-spawn myself again and then "get serious" when I'm back from vacation.

Just like the original Anacreon, I assume it's generally pointless to conquer planets under about 5 bill population? And that the abundance of resources is also relative to the population... ie a tiny planet with 'abundant' trillum is still a joke compared to a large planet with major deposits?

Cool to be playing Anacreon again!
That may have been mine Lord Newbie, did the planets in the area names start with NWE? Then you can thank me for that.
NH620
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:06 am

I guess you're right I tried to get back in the game and you showed up near my empire twice Lord Newbie remembers you well. Attacker with no reason?

Dissemination of information, will defend own interests.

Aelion Central Information Archives
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It should be noted in the record that, under the medium grade bombardment from the Empire of Aelion, at ::4165:09.39:: Greece rage quit, The emperor of Greece abdicated his thrown and the worlds within his grasp were free once more.

Why did this empire fall? It fell to the history of the Human shortcomings of what Bug analysis have termed, "anger" "rage" "blinding hatred", these terms have often been associated with quick fingers which seemingly often cause the end of human interaction on certain theoretical planes of existence.

Who can know of the absolute Millions and possibly Billions of AES in Greece's bank hoards along with the knowledge of "The Code", despite these advantages... Greece is no more. Farewell.

The Bug King, Emperor of Aelion
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:19 am
That may have been mine Lord Newbie, did the planets in the area names start with NWE? Then you can thank me for that.
Indeed I have taken over your previous empire. A lot of your NWE autofac planets had tons of resources that I could sell to Mesophon as well. So your empire has served me well :P
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

Last week, about 10 days into my first game of Anacreon 3, RAG began to forward settle on my empire. I took a few of his planets and promised to return most of them as long as we agreed on a neutral zone with no more capital designations. He broke these terms and promptly designated a capital world right next to mine. Given that his Minotaur fleet was three times as large as mine and his jumpship fleet was about 20% stronger, I suppose he thought that he could bully me. Not so much. I responded in force with a quick strike into the heart of his empire. As of the 14th day of my reign, RAG sunk to sending fleets of explorers named 'TROLL' at my capital before abdicating his empire.

I may abdicate/retire later this week, as I'm moving overseas next week to be with my girlfriend and won't have much time for gaming until around the Christmas holidays. If we could get a reset at some point, I would be interested in playing on even footing with some of you. Just not much point in continuing in this era when all of you currently have millions of ships to my hundreds of thousands and your production is 5x that of mine. I'll never catch up and I conquered the one empire that was only a bit larger than mine already.

- Jin
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'll be busy the next couple weeks/months and I'm too small to compete with Aelion or Crystalline so I just abdicated.. but if you guys can get George to start a new era, let me know and I'll try to start from the beginning. Three things that I feel must be added to make the gameplay viable for me:

1. A 'fleets' screen similar to the original Anacreon
2. A 'worlds' screen similar to the original Anacreon
3. Trade hubs should have an individual interface with a matrix-style list of imports/exports (# of resources and %) so that adjusting import/export can be done more efficiently on a holistic level.

Lots of other minor stuff, but those three major things would probably make the micro managing of Anacreon take a fraction of the time that it currently demands. Nice playing with all of you!

- Jin
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Enyalius Jin wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:40 pm
Nice playing with all of you!

- Jin
It was fun playing with you also, for the short time. Please come back and try to take over the galaxy. I dare you. :mrgreen: If you come back I think I can manage a restart of my own and we can start on level terms. You may even win, your empire grew pretty darn fast.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheBugKing wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 pm
]
If you come back I think I can manage a restart of my own and we can start on level terms. You may even win, your empire grew pretty darn fast.
A real reset would be awesome... but I might come back if you 'soft' reset as well. I'll be settled down in Germany in a week or two.

- Jin
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Bugzzzzzzz of Aelion decided once and for all to rid ourselves of the Human infestation to the south, little did we know they had secretly devised a heinous plot to incite an empire wide civil war. It is beyond our will to cull this insurrection. Therefor we are abandoning the south, but not without exacting some measure of punishment on the human empires with our reach. Vial! Loathsome! Despicable!

For the human empires in the south: you may have what is left of the remains of my empire after the civil war is over, or even whilst it rages, I will not stop you. We, the Bugzzzzzzz will retire to a quite corner to skeeeem and zkwable. Vat iz ah plahnz.... Vt Bgz Grkn vrrrrrr...
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

***Incoming transmission***

It has been exactly 120 cycles since the fall of the last great civilized power in the galaxy, the Imperium. Today, we return. Imperial fleets have re-entered the galaxy through subspace rifts over a medium sized class M world, designation "Citadel", located within a small nebular pocket approximately several hundred light years east from the galactic center.

From this world, our light of civilization will be brought to this dark wasteland of a galaxy. The way forward, the path to progress, lies under Imperial hegemony. Now, our leadership under the Imperator Aeternal will ensure that one day, the banner of our empire will be as common as hydrogen in the galaxy. In times past, the very name of the Imperium evoked fear and admiration from all lesser powers. It shall be so once again.

Ad victoriam.

***Message ends***
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

--Imperator-- wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:27 am
***Incoming transmission***

It has been exactly 120 cycles since the fall of the last great civilized power in the galaxy, the Imperium. Today, we return. Imperial fleets have re-entered the galaxy through subspace rifts over a medium sized class M world, designation "Citadel", located within a small nebular pocket approximately several hundred light years east from the galactic center.

From this world, our light of civilization will be brought to this dark wasteland of a galaxy. The way forward, the path to progress, lies under Imperial hegemony. Now, our leadership under the Imperator Aeternal will ensure that one day, the banner of our empire will be as common as hydrogen in the galaxy. In times past, the very name of the Imperium evoked fear and admiration from all lesser powers. It shall be so once again.

Ad victoriam.

***Message ends***
Welcome back.. but I'm still waiting for a real reset!
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Enyalius Jin wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:50 am

Welcome back.. but I'm still waiting for a real reset!
Booooo, fight us. :twisted:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheBugKing wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Booooo, fight us. :twisted:
I'll be living in the UK for a month in November without zee German so maybe at that point I'll get on. I'm already getting in enough trouble playing some Civ VI and League of Legends :P
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I was hanging ten while surfing the internet this morning and came a cross this https://hypestat.com/info/anacreon2.kronosaur.com . Hypestat gives all kinds of stats about any website. But the interesting part to me was that it offers suggestions about optimization and all those good things. There could still be things that can be fixed, or things people don't really enjoy. I'm not sure how popular that site is, but maybe someone out there will find it useful and head off doing great things for Kronosaur. :mrgreen:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

http://www.pcgamer.com/starborne-is-a-m ... line-devs/

I'm signing up for the test release of this game... I was addicted to Eve Online for many years. During its peak, Eve was by far the best space sandbox with incredible meta-gaming. I'll be interested to see how those devs integrate aspects from civ and 4X.

- Jin