System Density mod update

Post about your finished mods here.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

An update of Shivan Hunter's System Density mod.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1625

Add more stations to the game's barren systems.
Probably not the tidiest way to do it but it works!

Thanks to Shivan Hunter for the original mod, tiber for the reminder and digdug for a copy of 1.3 for testing.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Interesting - I didn't realize you could do that. Only thing I see at first glance is that it really packs the systems in... Which could lead to a lot of conflicts between stations?

Of course, that can be a good thing too when various stations are knocked out, as long as you can get there before others... :)

Balentius
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You are absolutely right, Balentius. All the mod does is increase the number of orbits. It looks a bit messy. A better way would be to add more stations to each orbit but I haven't the slightest idea how to do that! I could only do this because I copied Shivan Hunter's original code.
Which could lead to a lot of conflicts between stations?
Yes. If there are too many stations packed into a small area this might happen (Yay, loot).
However there is "exclusionRadius" code for most stations in their code which prevents this. Also (and don't quote me coz it might be wrong) I believe that if there isn't room for the stations within the exclusion radius they don't get created, unless they have a "minimumAppearing" value in their code which will 'force' a station to be created somewhere.

But station placement/system location code is very confusing and someone else will hopefully do a tutorial which gives us a basic understanding of it.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!