few ideas

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Milky way galaxy, third rock from sun

few ideas

Post by Czert » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:25 pm

1. add mousewheel support for browsing cargo screens (and bar for fast moving will be nice too, not only for adding idea about how many aproximately items are there)

2. if is no loot in wreck/station then option to loot is greyed out

3. you can scuttle destroyed stations too (with certain module - mayby called station salvager or something similiar)

4. similiar as 3 - you can bring station back to life via repair - at cost of credit and/or supplies

5. buttons to loot all (cargo) and repair all(armor).

6.add command to match speed with target (helpfull in escort missions)

7.autorefueling - I think is speeks for self (you can query which fuel to use first).

8. add fules status to map window (runing out ogf fuel when viewing map screen is not nice)
Last edited by Czert on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com

User avatar
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by SiaFu » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:30 pm

I second 1. and suggest the use of Home / End keys (perhaps easier to implement than mousewheel support).

And I'm against destroying stations as (once you get rid of Salvagers, or wait for them to visit once) they are indispensable as indestructible limitless Stashes. Unless it's a player only ability in which case it doesn't matter.
[/i]
Image
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .

Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Milky way galaxy, third rock from sun

Post by Czert » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:49 pm

9. create empty folder in trans zip, called Extensions for quick copying mods here, to save headaches why mods are not working (didnt have big first letter)

10. with permisin of autors, "integrating" some mods to normal game (e.q. upgradeable wingmans). It can be woting which mods to integrate and much imortant - they can be enabled/disabled directly from game main menu (called options/mods)

11. no idea if it will have any effeck, but add option to chose more option of race of player - not only human male/woman, but e.q. android, reptile...etc.

12.screen wit relations of player with other races/corps (good, bad, worshiped, hated...etc) and posible relationship between them.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com

CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: Germany, NW

Post by CFG » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:29 pm

I never used the mouse during gameplay, but thing PGUP/PGDOWN/HOME/END keys would help to scroll through long lists.

Some improvements like "loot all" or even an "autoloot" option - maybe even configurable in what it should loot/drop would be cool.

Im not sure about relations: I think becoming enemies with one race/faction does not affect the others - as long as they dont see the offending action as crime too ... So killing a few ships only turns one station against you most of the times.
Until changes to this system it would probably enough to mark the "angry" station and defendes "red".
An option to please an angry station/ship would help ;)

Things like matching speed is neat too, but even now I need two hands to play transcendence - I think adding too much "extra" stuff would make me run out on fingers :D

Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Milky way galaxy, third rock from sun

Post by Czert » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:34 pm

lucky 13. :) - multi-row U key - now if you pres U, then all usable items show in one row, which make problems if you want to use one, at end of line, and between different items (you can "missclick"), solution for faster using and more recognizable is use of multiplerows. In first row yyou will have only say ROMs, in second all usable barels, in third other misc.

14. give us chance to improve relations/bad things of past - after running maximus arena and deciding to help rescue my teacher, and destroing black market, im now at war with green black market faction without chance to put back relation to neutrakl or even friendly. After docking at another BM to try to settle problems, I was killed without any chance to do anything. No running of special mission and/or credit reparations.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com

User avatar
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:02 am

Post by Atarlost » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Czert wrote:lucky 13. :) - multi-row U key - now if you pres U, then all usable items show in one row, which make problems if you want to use one, at end of line, and between different items (you can "missclick"), solution for faster using and more recognizable is use of multiplerows. In first row yyou will have only say ROMs, in second all usable barels, in third other misc.
Bad order. Roms are permanent and most you use only once and not in combat. Barrels are commonly used in combat to repair damage. The real solution, though, is to make everything important have a use key.
Czert wrote:14. give us chance to improve relations/bad things of past - after running maximus arena and deciding to help rescue my teacher, and destroing black market, im now at war with green black market faction without chance to put back relation to neutrakl or even friendly. After docking at another BM to try to settle problems, I was killed without any chance to do anything. No running of special mission and/or credit reparations.
Yeah. That's totally unrealistic. It's not like Timothy McVeigh didn't get to get forgiven after a little bit of community service. Oh, wait. That's not how it happened at all. Mafia bosses are even less forgiving than angry Oklahomans.

Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm
Location: With the stRong.

Post by Amilir » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:24 pm

At #14

You CAN fix things with the black market. Just dock and pay their fine. A mere 250,000 credits (possibly more) and they'll forgive you. You got killed because you couldn't pay. Most others will never forgive you, but given that you shot their ships or stations down it's pretty realistic. (hey I'm ever so sorry about that, please stop shooting me until I'm strong enough to finish you off) Oh, also, if you read the dialogue, it's pretty clear you don't need to destroy the BM station yourself.

At #11

No aliens in human space is a major plot point.

User avatar
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Prophet » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Czert wrote:1. add mousewheel support for browsing cargo screens (and bar for fast moving will be nice too, not only for adding idea about how many aproximately items are there)
I'd rather see the item screen support nesting and categories (which has been discussed somewhere)
Czert wrote:2. if is no loot in wreck/station then option to loot is greyed out
I agree, this is an easy fix.
Czert wrote:3. you can scuttle destroyed stations too (with certain module - mayby called station salvager or something similiar)

4. similiar as 3 - you can bring station back to life via repair - at cost of credit and/or supplies
I don't agree with these. A station is a massive structure, in the game it is represented at a different scale but the large CW stations house millions of people. It would be realistically impossible to scuttle short of detonating nuclear explosives in multiple key structural locations simultaneously. Fixing a station and returning it to an operational state would be doubly impossible for a single, backwater pilgrim.
Czert wrote:5. buttons to loot all (cargo) and repair all(armor)
These are good ideas in most cases but moving into the mid game I usually have enough creds and items that I am picking only certain items out of wrecks and lootall would be more of a pain. Repair all would be nice all the time though.
Czert wrote:6.add command to match speed with target (helpfull in escort missions)
This is much more difficult if not impossible. A simple key to match speed and heading of current target is simple enough, but the escort rarely flies straight for very long. Using more advanced code to update often would fix that problem but would have to be manually deactivated once enemies appear or the target leaves the system. The code would become much, much more complex to take all the possibilities into consideration.
Czert wrote:7.autorefueling - I think is speeks for self (you can query which fuel to use first).
I love this idea. I thought of making it a while back but the dockscreen to control all the options might get a little complex. I might take a shot at writing something for this.
Czert wrote:8. add fules status to map window (runing out ogf fuel when viewing map screen is not nice)
Press 'H' at the map screen and your hud will be displayed.
Czert wrote:9. create empty folder in trans zip, called Extensions for quick copying mods here, to save headaches why mods are not working (didnt have big first letter)
This is practice. If someone can't get this right, then adding mods is most likely going to spell disaster.
Czert wrote:10. with permisin of autors, "integrating" some mods to normal game (e.q. upgradeable wingmans). It can be woting which mods to integrate and much imortant - they can be enabled/disabled directly from game main menu (called options/mods)
This is planned. Check out the "official extensions"

[quote"Czert"]11. no idea if it will have any effeck, but add option to chose more option of race of player - not only human male/woman, but e.q. android, reptile...etc.[/quote]

For the vanilla game, I disagree. Being human is part of the plot.
Czert wrote:12.screen wit relations of player with other races/corps (good, bad, worshiped, hated...etc) and posible relationship between them.
I don't think a dockscreen is the proper place for this. I would, however, recommend that the map icons change colour if the player has committed a crime or otherwise, turned someone into an enemy. ie: destroying a station's 'guard' would make that station and its remaining guards turn red.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!

Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Milky way galaxy, third rock from sun

Post by Czert » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Amilir wrote: You CAN fix things with the black market. Just dock and pay their fine. A mere 250,000 credits (possibly more) and they'll forgive you. You got killed because you couldn't pay. Most others will never forgive you, but given that you shot their ships or stations down it's pretty realistic. (hey I'm ever so sorry about that, please stop shooting me until I'm strong enough to finish you off) Oh, also, if you read the dialogue, it's pretty clear you don't need to destroy the BM station yourself.
Hmm, if fixing cost "only" 250k, and it is coded into game, then if you dont know this , then you are screwed. If you dont have then then some simple escorting to leader and informing that theyx will kill you next time and you must pay xxx k for fixing relations. I was allway under impersion that BM guys are buch of criminals wih interest in smugling and making money from it. Having private war in which they will lose countless of ships and/or station will not earn them much money. War was never profitable.
Idea - after they will lose ceratin number of ships/stattions they will be willing to settle for peace (and will never like you). Not needed, just as option to prevent extermination of one cartel.
Yes, you dont need to destoy that station to save your mentor, you can fight champion of arena , without resuing him, but with this I feel like bad guy, and want to be nice guy. If onlyest options are to save him and get ROM which will boost your shield (which upgrade is lost after you change your shiled generator) or be at war with facion in which you can later earn literary milions paying, plus you have to pay 250k to be at peace with them, then IMHO is here no brainer other thal let him be killed.
If he will later youin you in gema as wingman in very powerfull ship, then it will be surely much more interesing option.
And if BM guys are interes in smugling and profiting, what use for them will be kindnaping of ¨trainer/master of one gladiator ? What kind of trade/busssines thes run with champion of arena, that it will justify be at war with new chamion and not vieved as action or "renegades" with true masters of BM cartel. And action that can be solvet with some special mission.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com

User avatar
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:39 pm

Post by Bobby » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Czert wrote:what use for them will be kindnaping of ¨trainer/master of one gladiator ?.
My guess is the BM outfitted the slicer with upgrades for his ship in return for a portion of the profits, and there is probably betting on the fights at the arena for them to get involved in.
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.

Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm
Location: With the stRong.

Post by Amilir » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:21 am

'nice guy' is killing all the inhabitants of a station over the life of one mentor? Really?

Anyway, read the dialogue already.

"I knew you would agree! I will not forget this. They're keeping Katami at the Black Market station in the outer asteroid field. Go to those coordinates and destroy the Molotok guarding the base. When you've cleared the area I'll blast the station and rescue Katami! Deal?"

You don't have to destroy the station and get the BM angry at you. Once you take out the Molotok the gal with the giant cruiser will handle the station for you.

Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Milky way galaxy, third rock from sun

Post by Czert » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm

by bobby : My guess is the BM outfitted the slicer with upgrades for his ship in return for a portion of the profits, and there is probably betting on the fights at the arena for them to get involved in.

But here is one "small" problem - that gladiator are you :). but still, you can have right that BM have some deal with master of arena, before you arived. BUT - if one guy win all times over, who will bet on his chalanger ? Or they shift masters regulary ?
I will love to see more on this in game, other than few lines of text (and code) .

by amilir : 'nice guy' is killing all the inhabitants of a station over the life of one mentor? Really?

After all, you killing bad guys - persons breaking law - and rescuing your mentor, thats soudnds honarable, isnt ?

And it will be interesing is some solution, other than ndestuction of station (ny anyone) will be posible. mayby runnin risky mission for BM ?

And after much more carefull reading of text, I think I found my main problem - I didnt found/killed that guardian. And since I cant target "friendly" ships , it will be hard to kill him first. Adding rom which allow you to target green ships after you accept mission will help :).

And another idea - add more keys for targeting - not only T for all types. Key for previous target, instant nearly enemy and friendly/enemy only will be nice.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm
Location: With the stRong.

Post by Amilir » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Czert wrote:And after much more carefull reading of text, I think I found my main problem - I didnt found/killed that guardian. And since I cant target "friendly" ships , it will be hard to kill him first. Adding rom which allow you to target green ships after you accept mission will help :).

And another idea - add more keys for targeting - not only T for all types. Key for previous target, instant nearly enemy and friendly/enemy only will be nice.
If I may give some advice, it would be best for you to figure out what the game mechanics are first, THEN suggest changes. There are three keys for targeting already. 'T' targets enemies. 'F' targets friendlies. 'R' deselects target.

snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: London, UK

Post by snafu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 am

Prophet wrote:
Czert wrote:6.add command to match speed with target (helpfull in escort missions)
This is much more difficult if not impossible. A simple key to match speed and heading of current target is simple enough, but the escort rarely flies straight for very long. Using more advanced code to update often would fix that problem but would have to be manually deactivated once enemies appear or the target leaves the system. The code would become much, much more complex to take all the possibilities into consideration.
Oops; missed this on first reading. The guy is asking for a 'match speed' key (well, velocity if you want to be picky). Nothing else. No autoroute to destination or anything else, simply match player's Kps to the escortee. If the player wants to change things that's up to them, but a simple 'match speed to target' key would be handy in escort missions
Dom 8-)

Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Milky way galaxy, third rock from sun

Post by Czert » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Amilir wrote:If I may give some advice, it would be best for you to figure out what the game mechanics are first, THEN suggest changes. There are three keys for targeting already. 'T' targets enemies. 'F' targets friendlies. 'R' deselects target.
Keys F and R - are not listed in readme and I forgot about these keys :) (used them earlier). So adding them to readme can help.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests