Search found 536 matches

by NMS
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 pm
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: couple of Ship Pointing mod event queries
Replies: 4
Views: 208

Re: couple of Ship Pointing mod event queries

I think there was a recent change to prevent more than one of a particular timer from existing on a type/object/etc. So try cancelling the timer before creating a new one. Or use a recurring timer.
by NMS
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:52 pm
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: Fleet wingman behavior help please
Replies: 2
Views: 111

Re: Fleet wingman behavior help please

Here's the code that creates Fleet wingmen: (for i 0 (- aCount 1) (block (wingmanObj) (setq wingmanObj (sysCreateShip theClass baseObj &svCommonwealthFleet; 'fleet )) (shpOrder wingmanObj 'escort gPlayerShip i) It assigns them a formation position. Maybe the Fleet controller requires that and can't ...
by NMS
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: multiple cycle code help please
Replies: 6
Views: 235

Re: multiple cycle code help please

OK, try this: (block (systemStruct outputStruct) ; Create a struct where the keys are nodes and each value is a struct. ; In the inner structs, the keys are station names and the values are the number of known stations with the name in the system. (enum inputList theEntry (block ( (theType (@ theEnt...
by NMS
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:09 pm
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: multiple cycle code help please
Replies: 6
Views: 235

Re: multiple cycle code help please

So the list for each system is always generated from scratch? You don't ever add stations to it one at a time, which would involve searching a string for the matching station name? But you want different types of stations that share a name to share an entry?
by NMS
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:01 am
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: multiple cycle code help please
Replies: 6
Views: 235

Re: multiple cycle code help please

What should your data struct look like when there are multiple station types in a category?
by NMS
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 am
Forum: Beta Bug Reports
Topic: Current feedback alpha 1.9
Replies: 16
Views: 1046

Re: Current feedback alpha 1.9

Fix added to this PR: https://github.com/kronosaur/TranscendenceDev/pull/24

Looks like this bug was preventing the mission to kill the Antarctica from failing when it escapes (unless the Terra and Antarctica start in the same system).
by NMS
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:03 am
Forum: Mod Announcements
Topic: Binary System Stargates
Replies: 6
Views: 305

Re: Binary System Stargates

It wouldn't be too difficult to create a pair of gates for each pair of stars that are more than some distance apart. Edit: Actually, I guess you'd want to ignore all but one star in any cluster. That's a little more complicated, but still doable. I would guess for AI ships the game treats these the...
by NMS
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:31 am
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: using OnObjDestroyed in dockscreens query
Replies: 1
Views: 97

Re: using OnObjDestroyed in dockscreens query

Looks like the defined variables are:

aObjDestroyed
aDestroyer
aOrderGiver
aWreckObj
aDestroy
aDestroyReason
gData
gSource
gType
by NMS
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:37 am
Forum: Beta Bug Reports
Topic: Current feedback alpha 1.9
Replies: 16
Views: 1046

Re: Current feedback alpha 1.9

If I'm right, it doesn't matter what item you're replacing. The problem is that the auton item you attempted to modify can't be found because it has changed since the screen was opened. So it will happen any time you attempt to modify an auton with damaged armor and wait in the screen long enough fo...
by NMS
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:20 am
Forum: Beta Bug Reports
Topic: Current feedback alpha 1.9
Replies: 16
Views: 1046

Re: Current feedback alpha 1.9

Maybe George's implementation of automatic auton armor repair by the auton bay can cause the auton item to change in an event while the screen is open? When I implemented shield recharging in the bay, I managed to avoid that, but doing it for armor might be even trickier.
by NMS
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 am
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: reloading ship weapons query
Replies: 4
Views: 207

Re: reloading ship weapons query

What about using sysAddTypeRecurringTimerEvent or a recurring timer event of some sort? You'd have to add the event in every system and I don't think it's any better performance-wise. In fact it might be worse, since they'd all happen on the same tick, rather than spread out over random ticks. I th...
by NMS
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 am
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: reloading ship weapons query
Replies: 4
Views: 207

Re: reloading ship weapons query

OnAttacked doesn't seem ideal. OnAIUpdate should be fine as long as you don't do something very system-intensive most of the time. It could work something like this: Check the ammo level with objHasItem with 1 for the quantity. If they're docked and low on ammo, add some ammo. Once they have enough,...
by NMS
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:03 am
Forum: Beta Bug Reports
Topic: Current feedback alpha 1.9
Replies: 16
Views: 1046

Re: Current feedback alpha 1.9

-plasma advanced armor ( a lvl6 starters item) drops from ares bases. I'm not sure exactly what item you mean. It looks like Ares outposts should drop items of at least level 7. -multiple armors and guns spawn to late ingame, both shop wise and drop schedule. If you haven't played recently, nearly ...
by NMS
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:59 am
Forum: Official Extensions
Topic: The Backroads — an alternate route
Replies: 183
Views: 53235

Re: The Backroads — an alternate route

The decorative circles strike me as weird for the Transcendence universe. If it weren't for those, I'd like more colors.
by NMS
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 am
Forum: Shipyards
Topic: basic game maths function and number formats explanation please
Replies: 5
Views: 278

Re: basic game maths function and number formats explanation please

Stochastic rounding randomly rounds up or down based on how large the remainder is. So 1.6 has a 60% chance of rounding up, 40% of rounding down. This keeps the expected average value of the output equal to the input.