1.08 is ready!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Shrike wrote: Yeah, I had the same thing earlier (I didn't describe it right earlier..) The game tries to open a savefile...that doesn't exist. I think.
erik dela cruz wrote:Cowabunga!!!!!! A new one! Thanks George! Ah we can't play it offline? :?:
Oops! I can! Thank you again George! :D
PKodon wrote: I asked George that when he was on IRC, he said that wasn't ready yet, but was coming. For now, just imagine what your avatar will look like in that box :wink:
======
I appreciate that my error on the save game thing was noticed by others:) I actually did by " error" of clicking the OK becvause that usually means " continue " and since nothing was there to select I did not expect the event. Just happy it wasn't completely my fault this time :)
=========
I was just having a conversation about the attraction to games : in the age of cable and DSL and WiFi : there are many , many people restricted by the ISP " packages " of internet use that are not Unlimited or very good for games :
Transcendence is HIGHLY attractive because it can be played offline and the whole thing is, once you get into it is very compelling and I think it is more, much more of a awesome game then it has ever gotten credit for : * BTW: I was talking to someone that plays " virtual families " and world of warcraft : they have discovered Transcendence because I showed then the page and are determined to reach St. Kats now :)
==========
Avatars: by now I am sure many of you, esp. Erik has met my "Avatar" : I am pretty attached to it..:) egomaniac maybe , but yes, a blank box upsets me :) but : i AM cONNECTED TO THE MOST AWESOME GAME IN THE UNIVERSE...Multiverse !

And I am loving the hit effects: after I first found the effect similar to it in the mining Mod : Lander auton? I thought it should be used more in some manner : and this is great: I really like it.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Actually Shane I haven't(haven't checked your account for a while due to my iffing connection issues. Grrr.). I will later though. George do I register my game with my user name here in the forum or do I have to register a new one( my ignorance is a great embarrassment)? :oops:

I'm still trying to register and I kept getting "unable to connect command to server"....... I told you guys, bad connection. Oi Shane it's still your same avatar. :D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
etschuetz
Anarchist
Anarchist

I have been folling this game for about 4 or so years now. It is by far the best free game out there, and it only gets better and better. I have to admit, I stopped playing the game for a couple years recently (my last save was from 2009) running 1.01. I just updated, and love the new UI. Love the HUGE list of mods available. If there was a G+ +1 button, I'd hit it.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

etschuetz wrote:I have been folling this game for about 4 or so years now. It is by far the best free game out there, and it only gets better and better. I have to admit, I stopped playing the game for a couple years recently (my last save was from 2009) running 1.01. I just updated, and love the new UI. Love the HUGE list of mods available. If there was a G+ +1 button, I'd hit it.

Actually that is a good point, there is no Google+ page for this game. We should get one!
Major_Tom
Anarchist
Anarchist

erik dela cruz wrote:Actually Shane I haven't(haven't checked your account for a while due to my iffing connection issues. Grrr.).
I'm still trying to register and I kept getting "unable to connect command to server"....... I told you guys, bad connection.
I had the same problem. It was caused by my anti-virus (Avast), specifically the "Web shied". I've tried to set up exclusions (it had no effect), but checking the option "scan traffic from well-known browser processes only" did the trick. Or you can just turn it off completely.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Major_Tom wrote:
erik dela cruz wrote:Actually Shane I haven't(haven't checked your account for a while due to my iffing connection issues. Grrr.).
I'm still trying to register and I kept getting "unable to connect command to server"....... I told you guys, bad connection.
I had the same problem. It was caused by my anti-virus (Avast), specifically the "Web shied". I've tried to set up exclusions (it had no effect), but checking the option "scan traffic from well-known browser processes only" did the trick. Or you can just turn it off completely.
Not game related : If you want to talk about technical issues : there is a section for that.
If you have other interests in the board other then the game : remove yourself.
And most of us use AVG: not Avast, it does not compete with the reliability and easy of use.

The next time I have $400 dollars a year to give away, we all be using Transcendence AntiVirus Software : but not today :( .

alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

shanejfilomena wrote: Not game related : If you want to talk about technical issues : there is a section for that.
And most of us use AVG: not Avast, it does not compete with the reliability and easy of use.

The next time I have $400 dollars a year to give away, we all be using Transcendence AntiVirus Software : but not today :( .
A bit harsh there Shane. I think telling someone that their firewall can be blocking Transcendence from allowing a user registration is a perfectly valid point. Whether it is Avast or AVG or whatever is besides the point and does certainly not merit exclusion from this fine community.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

alterecco wrote:
shanejfilomena wrote: Not game related : If you want to talk about technical issues : there is a section for that.

A bit harsh there Shane. I think telling someone that their firewall can be blocking Transcendence from allowing a user registration is a perfectly valid point. Whether it is Avast or AVG or whatever is besides the point and does certainly not merit exclusion from this fine community.
Yes, I do agree in hindsight that it was harsh : I obviously missed the mark on that :
I do not experience the connection issue in 1.08, but 1.08b players do :
I totally spaced it on that, for some reason it sounded like a bad attempt to promote Avast features.

I APOLOGIZE. Sincerely.

Spring ..... I live in Alaska : Daylight does terrible things to Dark Winter people.

Major_Tom
Anarchist
Anarchist

shanejfilomena wrote:
Major_Tom wrote:
Not game related : If you want to talk about technical issues : there is a section for that.

Sorry, I was just trying to help that dude who had the same problem. I don't know which AV he uses but it's still possible that it's causing this error. Also, I didn't pay anything for it, I use the free version.
Edit: Oh, I didn't see the post above. Don't worry about it.
I actually found this forum by searching for that error but nobody posted the solution. When I discovered what caused it in my case I thought it would be appropriate to share it.