1.08 is ready!

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oh, yeah. This is all really, really good news. I like that option for changing the playership devices.

So, who'll be first to the gate with an 1.08-compatible mod? ;D

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Requires internet conection to play? Or can be played offline?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

christian wrote:Requires internet conection to play? Or can be played offline?
Can be played offline. But it needs an internet connection if you want to play a game with an official high score.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WillyTheSquid wrote:Oh, yeah. This is all really, really good news. I like that option for changing the playership devices.

So, who'll be first to the gate with an 1.08-compatible mod? ;D
If development versions count WE5 is the first. It's now using the 1.08 hit effects for weapons in the files digdug isn't currently working on.
Literally is the new Figuratively
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

Okay, George,

Just a few initial thoughts...

For one, if we're going to be able to download mods from within the game, how about the following:

1) An in-game mod manager (can enable/disable installed mods without removing them from your Extensions directory - with perhaps a warning stating that the changes will only show up in a new game).

2) An option from the New Game menu to start a Vanilla game (all mods disabled for that saved game) without having to have a separate directory with Transcendence in for a vanilla playthrough.

2a) Along with that, perhaps mod profiles, a file listing which mods to load or enable/disable when loading a saved game (or a header in the saved game giving such information).

2b) Transdata function to list mods used in a saved game.

3) Not sure about this one, but, assuming a standard file format is selected (.zip, .7z, etc.) for mod distribution files, then the ability to install/uninstall mods from the local mod download directory/directories.

Well, that's probably enough for now.

PK
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

shanejfilomena wrote:THANK YOU.
after I realized Anacreon was getting addictive while I waited for 1.08 I ..regressed .. to updating to Alpha 20 and it is funny they are so " advanced " but so far behind ..... I think i play it for the pretty colors ( I just like dying ).

Anyway, I can NOW return to my comfort zone and Domina..once i get in I am going to donate to Domina out of my guilt for being away.

But I was clicking around the AWESOMENESS and got this : no saved file = crash if you click " ok " : did it twice, "cancel" works fine.
Yeah, I had the same thing earlier (I didn't describe it right earlier..) The game tries to open a savefile...that doesn't exist. I think.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I really dig the new weapon impact effects :D
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:3. Player ships support the <DeviceSlot> element in the <Devices> section. This allows you to specify that a device installed on a player ship should always get a certain set of properties. For example:
This seems to work only with the devices pre-installed with the ship. If I install a new weapon, without replacing any of the original devices, the newly installed weapon does not inherit the device slot properties used by the original weapons. (I used criteria="w" and omnidirectional="true".)

It is a shame this does not work as expected. This would have been great to force position and fire arcs/omni of the primary weapon slot of a ship painlessly.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Few more thoughts:

* Is there a way to delete saved games within the game? Savegames buildup quickly (at least when developing mods), and without a way to delete the saves in the game, I routinely flush savegames from the Transcendence directory.

* The new hit effects for beams are nice. The lack of sound for some of them is a relief.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

PM wrote:
george moromisato wrote:3. Player ships support the <DeviceSlot> element in the <Devices> section. This allows you to specify that a device installed on a player ship should always get a certain set of properties. For example:
This seems to work only with the devices pre-installed with the ship. If I install a new weapon, without replacing any of the original devices, the newly installed weapon does not inherit the device slot properties used by the original weapons. (I used criteria="w" and omnidirectional="true".)

It is a shame this does not work as expected. This would have been great to force position and fire arcs/omni of the primary weapon slot of a ship painlessly.
Definitely a bug. I thought I tested that, but I guess I was wrong.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

PM wrote:Few more thoughts:

* Is there a way to delete saved games within the game? Savegames buildup quickly (at least when developing mods), and without a way to delete the saves in the game, I routinely flush savegames from the Transcendence directory.
Deleting games will show up in 1.09--I agree that it would be very useful.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

how do i change my user avatar? cause i see the box for it, its just really empty atm, less shiny than the rest of it :)
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

sdw195 wrote:how do i change my user avatar? cause i see the box for it, its just really empty atm, less shiny than the rest of it :)
I asked George that when he was on IRC, he said that wasn't ready yet, but was coming. For now, just imagine what your avatar will look like in that box :wink:
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Added the option to select "1.08" in the version menu on Xelerus.de. Use it wisely ;)

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Cowabunga!!!!!! A new one! Thanks George! Ah we can't play it offline? :?:

Oops! I can! Thank you again George! :D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......