New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Another day, another release...

http://www.neurohack.com/downloads/Trans108k.zip

Fixes:

1. Fixed the crash bug when docking. This should also fix bugs about saving objects from another system. If you still see that message in 1.08k, please send me your save files.
2. Fixed the bug with deviceSlotCategory.
3. Adjusted the passthrough fix so that there is no passthrough on immutable/indestructible objects.

Thank you all!

New in the credits:
Wayne Ka'auamo
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ImageImageImage
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd barely downloaded 1.08j, haven't even extracted it, when this update came.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
darksider
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Quick bug report:
Used a system map rom and... Hey! What's going on with this?
(Game started on 1.08j)
Yep, the map rom revealed both gates.
Yep, the map rom revealed both gates.
bug_sysmap.png (164.48 KiB) Viewed 10431 times
EDIT (additional info): NavBeacon Alpha is on the way to the Huaramarca gate, back to Numerianus is NavBeacon Beta, midpoint to Jiang's Star is NavBeacon Gamma. So, considering the fortress has the waypoint beacon, and it was revealed with the map rom, the supposedly-secret stargate is handled just as a normal stargate.
(Also, I'm a bit curious about what would happen if I didn't have any military rank and got the first mission here.)

FURTHER EDIT (on Mar. 14th 2014)
It's kind of pointless to edit this very old post, but the image attached looked somehow broken and I didn't like that, so I replaced the image with my local backup.
Yep, that's just about it. Just a test-posting on the new forum.
Last edited by darksider on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

(I skipped 1.08j)...
Game runs fine but.... do I need to enable each mod individually before a new game now? This is nuts.

Select/deselect all mods button, plz!

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Kinda. I just unzipped the 1.08k version, dropped my extensions folder into it straight from my 1.08j folders, and launched the game, and I was able to summon both of my playerships to the starting combat screen, so they are loaded in some way. However, when I started a new adventure I still had to check each playership mod before going to the ship selection screen.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I spoke too soon:
http://multiverse.kronosaur.com/crashRe ... %3a12.0104

Looks like there is still a bug. If anyone can repro on 1.08k, please send a save file.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

WillyTheSquid wrote:(I skipped 1.08j)...
Game runs fine but.... do I need to enable each mod individually before a new game now? This is nuts.

Select/deselect all mods button, plz!
When you create a new adventure we save the mod selection to Settings.xml. The next time you try to create an adventure the game will use the same selection. This setting is saved separately per adventure and per debug mode switch setting (i.e., you can save a different set of mods for debug vs. non-debug).
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Cygnus.X1 wrote:Kinda. I just unzipped the 1.08k version, dropped my extensions folder into it straight from my 1.08j folders, and launched the game, and I was able to summon both of my playerships to the starting combat screen, so they are loaded in some way. However, when I started a new adventure I still had to check each playership mod before going to the ship selection screen.
On launch, the intro screen loads all extensions. I'm thinking of changing this to honor the settings in Settings.xml.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Code: Select all

10/18/2012 20:51:08	===================
10/18/2012 20:51:08	Created new game
10/18/2012 20:53:04	Unable to find pane: Nil
10/18/2012 20:53:22	Unable to find pane: Nil
10/18/2012 21:21:11	Save file error: Saving reference to object in another system
10/18/2012 21:21:11	Object being referenced:
10/18/2012 21:21:11	obj class: unknown
obj name: unknown
obj pointer: 1f07fe00
error obtaining crash info

10/18/2012 21:21:58	Unable to continue due to program error.

program state: OnAnimate
program state: updating object
obj class: CMissile
obj name: blast damage
obj pointer: 1f053768
m_pDesc: -765705663/0
m_Source: 1f126de0 Meth enforcer (CShip)
m_pHit: 1f07a440 Stalwart-class gunship (CShip)
m_iHitDir: 188
m_pTarget: 1f07a440 Stalwart-class gunship (CShip)
m_iDestiny: 325
m_iTick: 9
m_iLifeLeft: 111
m_pExhaust: none
game state: destroyed

No idea what happened here.

*EDIT* figured it out. Bug with the "Uncharted" mod (and another crash bug when combined with "Skip Gate".

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Question: has something changed with regard to asteroid ore distribution, XML-wise? Because 1.08k (and maybe 1.08i or 1.08j as well) break the Mining Pack's asteroid scanner.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Another error, when picking up mined ore.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (21.2 KiB) Viewed 11822 times

Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The embedded BMP "XVirusHitMask.bmp" used as a greyscaled mask is causing Trans to running incredibly slow and it's not displaying the intended graphics.

Image used for <HitEffect>:

I tested and confirmed this by first saving the primary graphic as a JPG
and altering my code to suite, and got the same massive performance hit along with no displayed <HitEffect> as intended.

I then removed the HitEffect sections from my code entirely and Trans ran just fine, although the default <HitEffect> for nano damaged kicked in. It's got to be something about that mask...

In comparison, these larger images, both BMPs, worked just fine but didn't suit my graphical needs.

Would this be a good time to mention a certain ooooold ticket? http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/165 Alpha channels FTW.

[EDIT]
Ok, now that's just weird. When looking at the image via my browser, I see the white blobs I expect, but the background color is grey. Every other method I use on my PC to display that file shows a black background... ARGH. I use the GIMP for image editing, FYI.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

WTS: Where is "skip gate"? o.o
Uncharted is working fine for me, I gated using GOD mod through entire systems (even the 14-node one).
Can I have the modlist? There might be a topology changing mod I didn't account for when testing.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I got two gates to Huaramarca in one system. One beyond the solar system, and another within, and the one within the system appeared like a normal round stargate instead of the blocky Magellan stargate.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.