1.2 RC 1

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
Dmitry
Anarchist
Anarchist

I think some changes to the random system generator have been introduced.

I have the problem with mining - the whole belt around the system had like 30 units of ore, but only one asteroid in a separate asteroid cluster had something like 90 tons and a neighbouring one had 50.

Moreover, once in a while it generates systems with no mining colonies, couple useful stations and everything else is just pirates/criminals/slavers etc and those useless colonies of the "the people are friendly but they mostly go about their business" sort. One particular universe had a Charon Fortress earlier than I have expected and moreover it was swarming with pirates with constantly arriving reinforcements.

They ran over me like a steam engine runs over a chicken.

I do understand this game is harsh, but I have never seen stuff like that all in one go. I will see if I have some saves.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Mining is glitched in the current build
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've noticed the same things a Dmitri. Particularly bad was when I encountered two Charon Strongholds in the third system, one right next to the outbound stargate, the other not too far away. After much backtracking and reliance on pilgrim's aid, I managed to defeat the Charon frigate guarding one of them and destroy it (with a particle beam weapon which dropped from an ally). But I found myself being chased around the system by two more frigates, two missileships, and constant streams of gunships. That was a significant difficulty spike, especially now that Arco Vaughn no longer has missiles ever since I got an easy Arco.
Last edited by NMS on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitry
Anarchist
Anarchist

And this time I have seen a Charon Frigate moored in space in the 3rd system, accompanied by several smaller ships. These smaller ones constantly respawn and you can`t pick them out with missiles either. Looks strange, should it be like that?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Ttech wrote:Password reset and SSL? :D
Both will wait until after the 1.2 launch.

I'm making progress with SSL. I've got OpenSSL integrated in the server and it can make outbound https calls (which is how I'll talk to PayPal for purchasing). Integrating inbound https is trickier because I need to do an asynchronous system.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm still seeing the weird behavior where Mr. Katami and Kate Morgental survive and go to your arena party even if you attack and destroy Kate's corporate cruiser.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

PM wrote:
NMS wrote:Mining doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried in multiple systems with multiple types of asteroids and didn't find any ore.
That seems to be the case. I loaded some mods that include an ore detector and a powerful mining weapon. No matter how much ore-bearing asteroids were shot, ore never came out.
Thanks, guys! Fixed in the next RC.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The new tinker implementation is really nice, but might need some tuning. Its easier for players to find out what they can produce and what they need. Currently the hard part seems to be getting those items. But I really really want an omni x-ray laser :D Im thinking about breaking the conduct "no backtracking" for that.

However part of the odd behavior concerning installing new items seems to be present. Some stations - commonwealth station and dry dock for example - now give some explanation that a device needs to be removed, as others like armor and weapon dealers dont. Is it possible to revert that to the old way it worked? Im more happy to be given an error message that I dont have any free device slot than the option to have a device removed I usually want to keep installed.
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

FYI, you can order omni x-rays and dual mk IIIs from trading posts. Apparently, the notrandom attribute doesn't matter for those. Amusingly, I found out by trying to order a normal x-ray.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ok .... well actually found a x-ray laser without backtracking but missing the omni laser. No corporate trading posts in my stage of the game, but good to know. Hope I find a tinker ...

A few other things:
  • there still is an issue with either docking ports or traffic to armor dealer stations. I have a picture of a nice waiting queue at such stations.
  • I destroyed the Kronosaurus in St. Katherine's but assume I would get the legendary status only if I found a Korolov station which seems unlikely after St. Kathys.
Transcendence 2013-10-27 23-59-36-31.png
Transcendence 2013-10-27 23-59-36-31.png (57.8 KiB) Viewed 10056 times
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The muzzle flares from the dual MKIII howitzer seem to get partly cut off at certain angles. (and it's also an terrifying, ungodly instrument of death and destruction, but that's not really a bug per se.)

More Kate-related wierdness:

NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh, I've seen that before with other ships. I think it happens if the highest level ship you've destroyed was a friendly.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hey, thats a funny one. The game is right to insist on killing that evil army of cloned Kate Morgentals before they take over the universe :D

Some minor issue with the ICX missile defense:
The laser is green but the impact animation is red.

Is it planned to include the "old" tinker recipes into that new menu too?

Turbo lasers seem to have some force push effect which is unusual for energy weapons.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Atarlost wrote:
george moromisato wrote: 4. Added a new parameter to objCanInstallItem and shpCanInstallArmor. Also added <CanInstallItem> event to ships.
It would help if you could document these on the wiki.
Documented <CanInstallItem> a bit on the wiki: http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/wiki ... /shipclass

Bot objCanInstallItem and shpCanInstallArmor now take an extra, optional parameter specifying the armor segment (which is passed through to <CanInstallItem>). We guarantee that the parameter is included in all cases where an armor segment is being installed (if not, it is a bug).
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:
Atarlost wrote:
george moromisato wrote: 4. Added a new parameter to objCanInstallItem and shpCanInstallArmor. Also added <CanInstallItem> event to ships.
It would help if you could document these on the wiki.
Documented <CanInstallItem> a bit on the wiki: http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/wiki ... /shipclass

Bot objCanInstallItem and shpCanInstallArmor now take an extra, optional parameter specifying the armor segment (which is passed through to <CanInstallItem>). We guarantee that the parameter is included in all cases where an armor segment is being installed (if not, it is a bug).
For devices how does that interact with all the sundry flags objcaninstallitem can return for things like needing to swap out old stuff?
Literally is the new Figuratively