Page 2 of 2

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm
by TVR
I honestly feel like the video trailer is missing something - like it's missing the best parts of Transcendence, or that there aren't enough explosions in it. I think it may be worthwhile to showcase Charon, the Arena or Antarctica, as these parts of the game are likely what space shooter/action game fans want and expect.

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:38 am
by ShaggyMoose
Wow, I can't believe I started playing this in 2005! The game has come a long way. Congrats George.

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:25 am
by Matt
Thank you for ten years of awesomeness i had today marked on my calendar as Ten Years of Transcendence and when i logged in here it is
i am making a note for 15 lol keep up the great work

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:22 pm
by FAD
Has it really been 10 years? My, my how time flies when you're having fun!

Congrats, George! Looking forward to the future!

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:55 am
by EditorRUS
I can't believe someone can work on his project for over than 10 years. So, by the way, does George has a life?

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 am
by george moromisato
EditorRUS wrote:I can't believe someone can work on his project for over than 10 years. So, by the way, does George has a life?
I have a life. That's why it took ten years!

Also, welcome back, FAD! It's great to see you around here.

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:53 pm
by Wolfy
o.o Oh wow! Hey FAD!

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 pm
by FAD
george moromisato wrote:
EditorRUS wrote:I can't believe someone can work on his project for over than 10 years. So, by the way, does George has a life?
I have a life. That's why it took ten years!

Also, welcome back, FAD! It's great to see you around here.
Now that's a million dollar reply to an irrelevent question! :)

I may have frequent internet problems and computer crashes, but that'll never keep me away from one of the very best space games ever created! I downloaded the latest version and have been giving it a good shakedown in vanilla. Got blasted six times and never made it past the third system--I feel like such a n00b! :lol:

There's a lot of changes since my last run and I really like the new look and rework of the Tinkers!

Hey, Wolfy! Good to see you're still around!

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:00 am
by Yugi
I just want to say, congratulations on 10 years! I've been playing since beta 0.95b (late 2005 according to Google - I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts), but haven't played it for a few years. I hope to get back into it, particularly since there appears to have been a fair bit of development in my absence :)

Ooh, and there's DLC now. Not a bad thing, in my opinion. Instant buy at $3!

George, it also seems that you're working on the game full time now? Regardless, I have a question - how are you going to address the issue of ultra-high resolution panels becoming more and more common?

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 pm
by george moromisato
Yugi wrote:I just want to say, congratulations on 10 years! I've been playing since beta 0.95b (late 2005 according to Google - I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts), but haven't played it for a few years. I hope to get back into it, particularly since there appears to have been a fair bit of development in my absence :)

Ooh, and there's DLC now. Not a bad thing, in my opinion. Instant buy at $3!

George, it also seems that you're working on the game full time now? Regardless, I have a question - how are you going to address the issue of ultra-high resolution panels becoming more and more common?
Great to see you back here, Yugi! And thanks for buying Corporate Command--hope you enjoy it.

I will definitely have to adapt the game for high-res monitors as they become more common. If you haven't yet seen it, try the new beta version (1.3 beta 1: http://kronosaur.com/downloads/TranscendenceNext.zip ) which expands the main screen to the full size of the monitor. Not a perfect solution, but it is a start.

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:57 am
by Transcendi
Yugi wrote:I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts
I'd like to echo something very similar to this. :oops:
Though I'm still a bit of an idiot at times even now. :oops:

Re: Ten Years of Transcendence

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 pm
by Yugi
Transcendi wrote:
Yugi wrote:I was 13 then, and 21 now! Please don't read my old posts
I'd like to echo something very similar to this. :oops:
Though I'm still a bit of an idiot at times even now. :oops:
Yeah, I had a look at my posts on the unofficial forums, and ouch there was some painful stuff to read there :p