1.9 Beta 2

New releases and announcements from George and the staff.
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

First of all, fab looking update! I'm really looking forward to the full, stable release!

Stuff I loved:
- Mining is way more fun and actually worth it - i like that you get mining style missions now aswell
- Being able to salvage dead autons is cool

Stuff I didn't love:
- The 'Revert Game' button needs an "Are you sure?" confirmation - I accidentally hit 'R' when the game was paused twice and I lost about 5 systems of progress each time :x
- The Milita missions get a bit repetetive because you just keep getting 'Save the freighter' in the same spot about 5 times in a row
- There needs to be waaay more messages you can get when you chat to people at stations. Around St. Kat's there were 4 who all said the same thing
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Oops, derp on my behalf - I realise now that to have the 'Revert Game' option I must have been in debug mode! Won't be making that mistake again
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Located a Star Carrier without shield or weapons... but can't find it in the source :()
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

After poking through the xml files recently, I noticed the addition of the Psych mission files, and the Commonwealth hospitals have been turned into a death camp. It has a press button to die option.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
alexalex81
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi,

Love the recent updates! I've played through transcendence dozens of times since 0.99c, and its better than ever! Thank you for many happy hours.

I played through to eta ceti on this patch and had a couple of bugs/issues:
- Sabel 220 ion cannon was not omnidirectional on the new rassiermesser ship
- Tutorial targeted a fortified base (abbasid outpost?) that I couldn't easily take out with the stock EI500
- Had a few crashes in menu, particularly after death. I think once when I accidentally pressed "n"

Could be RNG on my last few runs, but it feels like the difficulty ramp after St K's has changed a lot. I no longer get the feeling that I need prepare my equipment carefully, then set off into the wild west. I think having lots of upgrade choices + chances to earn money + the difficulty bump after St K's was fun and made it feel special.

Alex.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

alexalex81 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:54 pm

- Sabel 220 ion cannon was not omnidirectional on the new rassiermesser ship
This has been ticketed already, for now can be solved by removing the weapon and then install it again.

- Tutorial targeted a fortified base (abbasid outpost?) that I couldn't easily take out with the stock EI500
That is why you are told by Benedict to upgrade first