forum search feature is less than useful

Here you can get help resolving Transcendence-related issues.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I was trying to find this topic, "Some late-game bugs and/or gripes (CC, 1.8b4)" using the search feature. But the stupid thing didn't like my search terms, "some" and "late". They are too common to search for apparently. So I added "game" as well. Same result, too common to allow a search. Seriously?

This isn't the first time this has happened. A search feature that doesn't search is pretty useless. Ideally some increased capability could be added somehow. There isn't much point in having a search feature if it will only search for words that are so rarely used that, well, they never get used!
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

relanat wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:11 am
I was trying to find this topic, "Some late-game bugs and/or gripes (CC, 1.8b4)" using the search feature. But the stupid thing didn't like my search terms, "some" and "late". They are too common to search for apparently. So I added "game" as well. Same result, too common to allow a search. Seriously?

This isn't the first time this has happened. A search feature that doesn't search is pretty useless. Ideally some increased capability could be added somehow. There isn't much point in having a search feature if it will only search for words that are so rarely used that, well, they never get used!
When I am searching the topic "bug", it only show this post. :lol: Maybe adding Tag system to post or thread could help anyone who searching for specific information/post, in addition to fixing the search engine for the forum itself.