Bugs when destroying the Sisters of Domina (Eridani)

Found a bug in the game? Post it in one of the applicable sub forums depending on the version you are using. Tech support is also available in the Tech Support subforum.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If the player starts in the Wolfen (possibly also the sapphire, but definitely NOT the EI500), they can overwhelm the resistance and regen of the Sisters station and immediately kill it before doing anything else in the game (especially if they shoot down the Ronins guarding it). This causes several bugs to occur:

-The dockscreen that introduces the player to the Sisters still activates when you dock with the destroyed station (may require a game reload or second docking to trigger)
-Benedict still gives you the "destroy autons" mission (but obviously you can't get the rest of his quests)
-The loot in a SoD station is actually rather decent, so there's no reason *not* to murder them if you want a little extra cash after clearing the system. (MUAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa....yeah, I think I may have crossed a line in my pursuit of quick ways to make cash in the early game)
-You get no criminal record, and apparently also don't hurt your relationship with Domina (haven't tested it, but it's not showing on the stats screen).

Edit: Not-all-that serious suggestion: Make benedict into a "scales as the game goes on" recurring kronosaurus-style boss if you kill the Eridani SoD station, replacing his ship every time you "kill" him, and tuning his setup to counter yours. Fueled by the rage that fills the space behind his smiling facade and leading an army of tenhove sentinels and a pack of minor story missions, he will never stop hunting you....

Bonus points if he teams up with the ghost of Katami if you leave him to die while winning the arena.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

There's one other minor thing about the Sisters of Domina (unrelated to destroying the station):

When you are told to stay and visit the Sanctum, before going off to see the galaxy, and you meditate and are told to take the stargate to the next system, that stargate used to show up on the map at this time. It no longer shows up on the map.

PK
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shrike wrote:-The loot in a SoD station is actually rather decent, so there's no reason *not* to murder them if you want a little extra cash after clearing the system. (MUAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa....yeah, I think I may have crossed a line in my pursuit of quick ways to make cash in the early game)
The main reason not to murder them is when the player gets a jumpdrive, he can warp back to Eridani (via Elysium) for the Sisters and exploit Pilgrim's Aid or whatever.

Sisters are only guaranteed in Eridani and Heretic (and Tau Ceti in CorpCom).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:
Shrike wrote:-The loot in a SoD station is actually rather decent, so there's no reason *not* to murder them if you want a little extra cash after clearing the system. (MUAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa....yeah, I think I may have crossed a line in my pursuit of quick ways to make cash in the early game)
The main reason not to murder them is when the player gets a jumpdrive, he can warp back to Eridani (via Elysium) for the Sisters and exploit Pilgrim's Aid or whatever.

Sisters are only guaranteed in Eridani and Heretic (and Tau Ceti in CorpCom).
By that point in the game, you should be overflowing with repair kits and cash.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shrike wrote:By that point in the game, you should be overflowing with repair kits and cash.
Not for me. Jumpdrive is priority one in midgame, and I save credits until I can afford one and a reactor to power it. Afterwards, I look for a Teraton fabricator to exploit.

As for repair kits, I need to grind Ranx gunships for that, something I do not bother with unless I want to use overtech armor like neutronium. I often carry some patch spiders for armor repair.

After maxing Domina rank, the main use for Sisters is for cheap refuel if I do not have free refuel at CSCs and/or if the Sisters are closer.

That said, if it were not for their services, the Sisters would be loot bait.
Shrike wrote:(MUAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa....yeah, I think I may have crossed a line in my pursuit of quick ways to make cash in the early game)
It is a game. Playing like a munchkin is playing smart.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.