Wondering about Domina :)

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Phaeton
Miner
Miner

I'm a couple systems past Sanctuary now (for some reason Sanctuary seems like a pre-established system, much like Eridani or St. Katherine's Star), and I still haven't gained any extra abilities from Domina. I don't have any money, or any extra supplies heh, and I've farmed out every system before this.

Any ideas? I haven't gotten this far in ages, so perhaps I'm just being impatient. Also, where have all the tinkers gone? I haven't seen a single one :\.
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I can't tell from your post - have you been donating/offering to the Sisters? That's how you get extra Domina cred. Although using abilities takes it away again (sustain costs nothing however).
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

As for the Tinkers, the systems are pretty much randomly generated except for the planets (they only change their place in orbit) and major commonwealth stations and military installations.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OddBob wrote:I can't tell from your post - have you been donating/offering to the Sisters? That's how you get extra Domina cred. Although using abilities takes it away again (sustain costs nothing however).
after donating then you contemplate.

if i remember right they like fuel, luxury goods, "soul" items, and food. maybe more

and tinkers don't show up late in the game...
omniaddict
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Phaeton wrote:I'm a couple systems past Sanctuary now (for some reason Sanctuary seems like a pre-established system, much like Eridani or St. Katherine's Star), and I still haven't gained any extra abilities from Domina. I don't have any money, or any extra supplies heh, and I've farmed out every system before this.

Any ideas? I haven't gotten this far in ages, so perhaps I'm just being impatient. Also, where have all the tinkers gone? I haven't seen a single one :\.

Spoiler maybe!

I think they tend to look at the level of things. so a high level luxury good (like an ithalium watch) is better than a low level one. Similarily, a high level quantum computer cube will gain you more favor than a low level one.

Lastly, one thing that the sisters *really* like is when you bring them slave coffins freed from slaver stations. get 10 or 20 coffins, give them to the sisters all at once, and the sisters will think highly of you.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

CDM archives and Abbasid Thanograms are also high value items for the sisters.

As I understand the donation and tithe system, you have to offer a significant percentage of your total wealth to have much effect, unless you're offering coffins, archives, or thanograms.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Phaeton
Miner
Miner

Yeah I've donated every effing penny I've made, heh. Any sort of 'good' goes to them as well, anything with that type of graphic.

I have a bunch of slave coffins, I'll try those.

Edit: Woot, got a couple extra abilities.

Now, I just got the black market mission, and I forgot what it was. I was given a box or something, said something about St. Katherine's, but I totally forgot and whomever won't talk to me. Anyone remember what the mission was?

Edit2:Ok, got it, deliver the box to the Victorian. Now I just gotta get the smuggler hold installed. Ahh effing retarded, I jettisoned the box, then went to a Black Market to get the cargo hold installed, then I 'failed' the mission. Stupid :\
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Is there somethign about weapons and fuel too? I seem to remember getting something from giving my fuel once but perhaps this was just because it was most of my belongings...
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

give them drugs, it's expensive, but it works
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

digdug wrote:give them drugs, it's expensive, but it works

drugs? To Domina?
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

drugs? To Domina?
You have to remember you don't give anything to Domina. Domina doesn't care about the sisters, Domina cares about you. It just happens the sisters are the only place you can contemplate Domina.

They might help the sisters to contemplate Domina (I would think they would have made custom made drugs to do that though)
Crying is not a proper retort!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:
drugs? To Domina?
You have to remember you don't give anything to Domina. Domina doesn't care about the sisters, Domina cares about you. It just happens the sisters are the only place you can contemplate Domina.

They might help the sisters to contemplate Domina (I would think they would have made custom made drugs to do that though)
lol ok
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OddBob wrote:Is there somethign about weapons and fuel too? I seem to remember getting something from giving my fuel once but perhaps this was just because it was most of my belongings...
If you give them a substantial amount of fuel, they will refuel your ship for you later. However, you have to give fuel that your reactor uses, and a lot of it.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Actually, they are the drug disposal service. i figure they have an inceneratior that vents to space. trancendence was going to have space whales, but they got high.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:
OddBob wrote:Is there somethign about weapons and fuel too? I seem to remember getting something from giving my fuel once but perhaps this was just because it was most of my belongings...
If you give them a substantial amount of fuel, they will refuel your ship for you later. However, you have to give fuel that your reactor uses, and a lot of it.

Where? 0.o