robbed by teratons?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

something new happened to me while i was playing trans last night, after years of playing this game and getting addicted to it and staying up for nights on end trying to squeeze out every bit of awesomeness from the game i was suprised by it yet again, although this is a bit of an unfortunate one.

skip to the second paragraph if you're in a hurry

my game so far..
with a fresh start i decided to play a slightly different game and go for the smartcannon instead of my usual omni turbolaser+ laser collimator simply because i found the cannon accelerator first, however when i opened a abandoned cargo i lost all of my ammo for the smartcannon and this forced me back to get my laser setup. i picked up some heavy meteorsteel by the time i reached rigel and saved myself tons of fuel, i got myself my favorite early game omni turbolaser + collimator combo which blasted me through the arena on the first go and well into the sung territories. meteorsteel is awfully cheap to repair imo, i finished off the arena there with just my meteorsteel and laser combination and made it to st, kats to find roughly 32 optical knowledge arrays in the random industry things that are around the main st kats station. bumped up my level with domina quite significantly, however in my state of happiness i accidentally gave away all of my 80 thousand some change credits to her. i had to get rid of the meteorsteel by the time the sung citadels started hurting my armour and i got myself the invincible shield deflector and used hiro's rom to give it +50%. it works pretty good against everything except for ion damage. i am planning to use the mammoth 100MW shield generator and give it some extra hp and try out using domina's restore everytime my shields go out. it should be able to soak up tons of damage. i also saw the iocrym veil i think and i might save up some rins for that. i also picked up tons of heliotrope fuel and i've been using enhanced reactors from st kats onwards, i currently have a sn2500 giving me 300 MW.

after a good few hours of farming each system i found my first teraton nest and i had saved up a lot of military level 7+ weapons to sell to these teratons as well as some ammo/missiles/MAGs etc.. the first time i docked all my loot was sitting in one of my 5 mules a few stations behind and i sold the few ringer prized things that i got in that system and pocketed around 2000 rins. i found a tritium cannon in the station and on my way back to get my loot so i thought why not stop off and sell the tritium cannon. but when i docked i got a dialogue box which effectively stated something about my ship being small and unprotected and that i got my ass kicked and i got robbed of my tritium cannon by the teraton/ringers and i can now see my tritium cannon sitting in the list of things for sale.
its just a small dent to my pocket which i shall soon recover as soon as i find a fabricator but this is the first time i've gotten robbed by a teraton nest in my years of service to domina. this doesnt seem like a glitch
has this ever happened to anyone else?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yes, I got robbed by those pricks once. Apparently they test your strength by your reactor power. I think you need a 500 MW or 250 MW to be able to dock safely, otherwise there is a chance they can steal your stuff.
On a good note, you can still blow their stations and take back what they stole ;)
(there was a beta version that added the destroyed item to the nest, in 1.01, you can't find it.)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I haven't got the firepower to blow then up safely although I do remember making a huge profit back in the pre 1.0 versions I'd sell all the items,then destroy the teraton nest and loot everything and repeat at every nest I saw. the last time I did this, quite a lot of the loot turned up damaged so it's not as profitable as it used to be, but still has high returns. also those defenders tend to rip out my shields pretty fast.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I always get robbed and eaten by them. its never a fun experience.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Immunity to theft requires a greater than 250MW reactor installed. This means enhanced SN2500 (300 MW), Koshiba (500 MW) or Hyperion (1 GW).

Use high level long range weapons to blast defenders from outside their blaster range.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.