Coining a term:

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Normally, I'd use the term "campaign" to describe a single Transcendence playthrough. But I've been considering alternatives. "Game" is too generic, "session" means you still continue.

How about "journey" or "voyage"?

I just died, my photo-organic armor was a weak link and I stupidly got into a firefight with an Urak fortress, one system past St. K's.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I think campaign is what George uses for a playthrough, I'll have to check though...
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"Pilgrimage", or for a less religiously loaded term: "exploration"
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've been using "run", but it's far from optimal.

I definitely like "journey" :D
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Bug-hunter/Beta testing pro vocab tips:

Session: Usually used to refer to an isolated time period of playing a game, regardless of stages/levels/whatever completed. The session starts when you launch the game, the session ends when you close the game.

Campaign: Usually used to refer to playing through an entire series of levels from start to finish with-in a game, although not always during the same session. The campaign starts when you launch the game and begin a brand new start from the first level, typically using some form of saved game system for multiple session, and ends when you die (and accept perma-death if applicable) or lose by some means are are unable (or not allowed) to continue, or finish the last level (which usually means you "beat" the game).

Example: I was having trouble getting a new session launched with my saved game, but after correcting some corrupted data, I was able to continue the campaign and finally complete it, even though it took several sessions.

Just 2-bits from an obsessive (and mostly-reformed) grammar-nazi ;)