A Discussion Topic for the Sake of a Discussion Topic

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yeah but I didn't need any at this point. Plus most of the nuetronium I got was bought from the Ringers/teratons anyway. :(
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The mining pack can process any ore (except He Regolith) into bars to increase thier value, but can't produce any armour stronger than Ithalium.
I did modify the MFM to process Neutronium and Etherium ore into Neutronium and Dark Matter armour plates respectively though.
(6 ores for each plate is doable, but still a royal pain to find.)

I generally play by whatever means I find to be fun - so mostly running around and stealing whatever isn't nailed down, and sometimes even then.
For the most part I ignore missions as I find them to be frustrating and unfun, especially when most of them seem to be "protect something made of damp paper which has all the survival/pathfinding instincts of a suicidally confused lemming".

I loathe having wingmen/autons buzzing around because it restricts my fields of fire and means I can't use my "Oracus' Harass shield of not giving a ****" or most of the time any kind of point defence weapon.
So I never bother with Korolev except to clear out Charon, and never pick up any of the other guys.

Sometimes I like to ignore the black market and military just for giggles, sometimes I like to set up a chunky ship with mining gear and stripmine my way to the core, and sometimes I try playing a "scavenge only" game which usually ends because of ballista cannons.
I don't care in the slightest about permadeath though. :P

So basically: I do what I want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

i simply mess around. :mrgreen:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah I derp around with mods trying to fine tune my gameplay experience.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ahem, I didnt know you could be demoted from the militia for lack of competence.

Tried to see what happened if I just let the superfreighters blow up (and loot them!) instead of saving them from the outlaws.

"Why dont you go get us a cup of tea of something? Thats probably a mission you could handle" - Ha ha very funny mr officer!
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My favorite endgame equipment for an unmodded game is: APA, Kaidun, and IM90. Even though I'd learned that Lamplighter is better than APA for killing Iocryms, the CW Archcannon is not nearly as epic as the Ares one.

I don't understand how Iocrym Veil is better than Kaidun. Yes, it has higher resistance and regeneration, but Kaidun has so much HP that even with the resistances calculated, it's still far higher than the Veil. Only the regeneration is worse. And, if you enhance Kaidun to the max, you'd get a whopping 2000 HP! I'd tested it against the Avalanche cannon, head on. The ICS died before me, with me using Kaidun +150%, Lamplighter +40%, and Light Iocrym Armor +20%. And that's head on, nobody fight the boss head on.(I thought I'd die. Still shocks me that I didn't)

If I play my typical modded game, my endgame would consist of: A Fusionwave/Heatwave howitzer from Item912, some shield good enough to stop an APA shot, or sometime the Immortal 10 from Item912, just because theoretically the Disintegrator would never get past this shield.(it's ALWAYS up, even though with just 10 HP) Because the original APA and Kaidun are almost impossible to find with WE5 randomizing Phobi's weaponry.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Actually, after plasma resistance taken into account, APA has better DPS than Lamplighter against Iocrym sentinels, and slightly weaker DPS against the command ship. Now that longzhus in 1.1+ do not enhance the Fracture Cannon, my alternate weapon would probably be among APA, Lamplighter, or +150% positron lancer. Lancer would be no good for basebusting, but it can help against the sentinel onslaught in Heretic.

Iocrym Veil is good until you reach Heretic, due to resistances. Kaidun is very good, but it is a power hog, and very heavy! 12 tons means I may need to forgo the IM90 on the Wolfen or Sapphire. Do not underestimate slow regeneration - that keeps the Kaidun running at the full 200 MW cost longer, and that will drain fuel noticeably. Since nothing I know of drops level 10 shields, getting the Taikon-200 is not a given anymore (since you cannot fabricate one from a level 9 shield).

As for the Items912 mod, that Immortal-10 is so thin (even at +150% for 25 HP) that it is never guaranteed to fully absorb a disintegrator shot, and if a single point of damage leaks through, and the armor is not disintegration-immune, your ship dies. The main point of the Immortal shields is to act as flat damage reduction, like rings of protection in other games (and the Immortal shields have no resistances). It, if enhanced, is very effective against numerous scratch damage attacks, but not as much against high damage shots. Immortal synergizes well with regenerating armor.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote: The main point of the Immortal shields is to act as flat damage reduction, like rings of protection in other games (and the Immortal shields have no resistances). It, if enhanced, is very effective against numerous scratch damage attacks, but not as much against high damage shots. Immortal synergizes well with regenerating armor.
Yes, Yes may the RNG bless you with a full set of neutronium armor and regenerative nanites, together with an Immortal 10 (25) and a patch spider you will be unbeatable Muahahha!
(Now I must play my way to the core starting right now)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}