Forum Newbie

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Caliber
Anarchist
Anarchist

Still working on my first play through, great game! I was looking for something exactly like this after doing all 6 storylines on Escape Velocity Nova.

I have no idea how far I am, and yes, I've died and respawned many times. I just got past Point Juno (cleared out the weapon hold in the wrecked ship) and working on the next. I'm using the Yatch I was lucky enough to salvage a Xenophobe Ion Lancer +10% off of one of their Capital ships, also have a Mark V Howitzer (fast) for sniping, and an Omni TeV 9 for fast fighters. Mammoth 100MW Deflector +20%, Koshiba 500, Titan 440, 4 Hexacarbide (no enhancements yet, waiting to figure out what to add), Miner's Hold (think I should ditch this), Patch Spider, ICX missile defense turret. I have a few things in my hold and Mule, like missiles and a launcher.

What enhancements should I go with on the armor? Also, the armor is 300 HP, I'm in a system (Vori I believe) that has 400+ HP armor available, not cheap but I have around 1mil to spend if need be. Thoughts?

Also, how many followers can you encounter in the game? I at 1 time had 3 individual ships following me. Rama (still with me), Jana (I think that's spelled right, ship left cause it apparently couldn't follow me anymore, not sure what that means), and a large Golf ball like ship with big guns on the front (I have NO idea where I got that one, eventually was destroyed cause the dummy never repaired at stations). I've gone through lots of Autons. And when I mean followers I don't mean the Atons and those warrior ships that yell "We follow the strongest!"

Lastly, I've had this game on here about 6 months, have there been updates that I can download?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

You are close to the end! Congratulations for making it this far.

You're lucky to have a Xenophobe Ion lancer, if you use it well you can use it until the end game.

Armor:
I don't know about armor since the endgame boss isn't uber deadly but does have some nasty tricks ;)

I've been able to kill the boss with this setup:
Sapphire
x4 medium omsk (your amor is better)
Katana Star Cannon (Ion lancer is better)
Mammoth 25 (you have the Mammoth 100)

You already have better armor/guns so you should be fine as long as you know when to run away.

Followers:
Name, ship: description
Jenna, Ronin-C: Leaves you when you enter a level 7 system because she chickens out on the mission.
Volkov, Wolfen: He's one tough dude who accompanies you after you kill the Kronosaur pirate ship.
Rama, Centurion: Please take care of him or else he meets his fate.

To answer your last question, we have an upcoming Corporate Command from the creator, George. Here's the site for community made mods for the game.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I believe the golf ball like ship you're referring to is a dwarg behemoth. They aren't traditional wingmen, and never repair. They're like other dwarg (the warrior ships), only much stronger.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Ah yeah, forgot about the zoanthrope behemoth. They have derpy AI, but they're also the strongest wingmen and can survive until the end system.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Don't believe RPC on his equipments advice. He's a pro. You'd need cat-like reflexes and a lot of time to win with those things. For the final boss, your gun is good enough, but a new shield would do well. Armors won't last long against the boss.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The final boss has a disintegrator. One touch while shields are down and your ship is instakilled, unless your armor is disintegration-proof. If you cannot get disintegration-proof armor, you cannot let your shield break down completely.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Caliber
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hey, thanks guys!
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The R9 is a good shield. Also, an Ares Plasma Archcannon (referred to as the APA) will help. It does 300 hp of damage, but less to the ics because it has plasma-resistant shields and armor
arif
Anarchist
Anarchist

How to get jenna and rama i don`t know it
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Go to the Officer's Bar in a Commonwealth Fortress. Chance of meeting Jenna or Rama is random, if rank is high enough. Jenna requires Major rank, and Rama requires Colonel rank.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.