Transcendence, Mount and Blade, Life (Pick One)

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Salvagebot 1.0
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Gah, new version of Mount and Blade is out just as I finish up with the new version of Transcendence.

Where will I find time for doing laundry?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Huh?
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

http://www.taleworlds.com/index.html <----Ttech, this.

You had me running to the M&B page to check for updates....already have the latest unfortunately. ;)

Great game though. I bought it back when it was $12 or so. Reminds me of Darklands , but shinier plus horses.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

OddBob wrote:http://www.taleworlds.com/index.html <----Ttech, this.

You had me running to the M&B page to check for updates....already have the latest unfortunately. ;)

Great game though. I bought it back when it was $12 or so. Reminds me of Darklands , but shinier plus horses.
oh
Salvagebot 1.0
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'm a connoisseur of good games. These days that seems to mostly be low-budget labors of love, the so-called "Indie Games", where lack of high-tech flash forces designers to compensate with good game-play and well thought-out action-narrative concepts.

To be sure there are some big-name hits, like Grand Theft Auto, that are really great games, but I seem to find most of the good stuff in the tinkerer's garages.

Mount and Blade is the best mounted combat simulator ever. The way all the weapons work is really natural and well thought-out. Lances, bows, crossbows, throwing spears, sabres, swords, and axes all sort of work a little differently, and you have to get used to them before you really hit your stride and figure out your playing style.

Then you start downloading mods and that's where you get storylines to complete and strategic elements to consider. The "vanilla" game is sparse in terms of content, it's really more like a practice arena for the mods. My favorite mod is "The Last Days", and I don't even like Tolkien. But the mod based on his books is quite fun to play.

I haven't tried any of the Transcendence mods yet, but the "vanilla" game has a clear-cut and complete storyline, so I haven't really felt the need to play mods to get full enjoyment from the game. Are there any good ones you might be able to recommend?

As for the final topic, time, I never have enough time to play the games I enjoy. I consider a good game to be a work of art, and playing a kind of art appreciation, a way to stop and enjoy the artistic efforts of great developers through completing challenges they've set before me. It's a really big deal for me, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) I just don't have a lot of time to play.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I too find that free games are of higher quality than marketed games.

Ferrian warship mod. No more infinite cash from those guys unless you are *well* decked out (or have a freindly Tailkon nearby).

Conduct -- NoBuy might be interesting...

Exploding stations mod. no more sitting on bases the whole way through (although you can still sit on a base and then blow it up from afar)

Momentum mod. No more getting close to the major enemy stations, ever. (somewhat unrealistic)

The great network mod by Periculi (under development)??
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The great network mod by Periculi (under development)??
Yes, under development, and I have made a LOT of progress. But now I may need to go check out this Mount and Blade you speak of, so anyone;s guess about when I will get time to make a clean version.. lol
Salvagebot 1.0
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hah hah, now there really IS a new version of Mount & Blade out.
Petrus
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Mount and Blade is awesome! I also paid $11 or $12 years ago and it was definitely worth it. I liked Hugemod a lot way back and I played a few others, but haven't played any M&B for at least 6 months. It might be time to load it back up. For those of you who have never played it, it's kind of like Transcendence, except without all the spaceships, and it has horsies (note: not an accurate description).
Salvagebot 1.0
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

It's like "Barbie Horse Adventures" except Barbie is armed.