[SPOILERS]The v1.0 Easter egg/mods used hunt!

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:So you favor the retention of exploits that make the game far easier than it would be if it had better AI.
No, I favor the ability to outsmart my opponents instead of just outgunning them.and how come when I ask for better AI you throw a fit, and then throw a fit when I benefit from the flawed AI?
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There's hard AI and there's non-stupid AI.

Targeting the source location of your weapon when targeting the center of your ship doesn't hit your ship is non-stupid AI.

And you're not really talking about outsmarting your opponents. You can't outsmart your opponents because there are no actual smarts. All you can do is exploit limitations in their deterministic reactions dictated by the finite processing power of the computer and finite time George can devote to AI coding.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Actually, if there were ships around the station, my tactic wouldn't have worked. I took out all the ships by leading them away and blasting them away one at a time. The tactics I used would work perfectly in real life too, taking cover and divide and conquer. Being able to use the tactical approach to combat instead of just rushing in and getting killed is more fun for me, since I like to do such things. Excuse me for trying to have fun playing a game.

Actually, 99% of the description on that page fits Atarlost perfectly...
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

"You have a sad feeling for a moment, then it passes" when a companion dies.
Nice one.
hookoa
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

LoL, I've been trying to figure out where I've read that before. :lol:
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

(name here) wrote:"You have a sad feeling for a moment, then it passes" when a companion dies.
Nice one.
I don't get it...

What's that from?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hookoa
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The funny thing is, is that she's like a Nethack pet. She follows you around, when you're blind, you can accidentally shoot her, she often gets in the way, and she's fairly weak compared to all the other monsters.

If only she could be trained to bring you loot.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If only the wingmen could be trained to steal from stations for you :D
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wingmen in general could still use a durability boost. They're a lot better than they used to be, but still not very good. Or maybe Jenna should leave earlier than she does.
hookoa
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It'd be good to see Jenna's ship boosted a bit. With all her bragging in the Officer's Club, you'd think she'd have something a bit better. Maybe blast plate or heavy ceralloy. It'd only be a 1 level boost to armor. Dual particle isn't bad, if it has a small upgrade to it.

Honestly, I think she'd function best if her level allowed her to handle on her own in Sung space, require babysitting in a few levels of ares space, at which point, she'd go home.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Maybe wingpersons should occasionally, when in the Commonwealth Buying-and-selling area, ask for cash to upgrade their ship?
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Guys, the ROM you were thinking of says "Neurosoft", not Neurohack.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I believe that you may be mistaken, Xephyr. I found references to a neurohack rom in both the Heretic.xml and the Useful Items.xml in the Resource folder for Release Candidates 1-9, and for Version 1.0.

There is a rom called "Neurosoft," and in that you are correct, but Wolfy is correct in that the "neurohack" rom does not show up in previous versions of Transcendence (excluding the RC's). :twisted:
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

gunship Dharma Initiative
A Ronin/C in Korolov shipping :D