Worst Actions Possible

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I only fly with the map and the hud as long as I have to, it usually ends up leaving a lot of stuff missed that might have been useful, e.g. wrecks and similar. You cannot easily see size of wrecks.
centauri5
Anarchist
Anarchist

Wolfy wrote:Yeah, I think most people fly with the map open, so you know where the stations are.

Also, first thing I do when I get into a nebula system is chart the stations (ie, via domina powers or map roms)
I still do that even with the map! :D
LunarAvenger
Anarchist
Anarchist

Mmm, lets see newb things I've done...

1.a Total disaster with radiation, I had 3 rad immune armors... and they hit the only section that wasnt >.<
1.b then i realized that there was no way to heal... so i scouted for a station quick...
1.c there were no stations.
1.d I rush to the gate... 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2 gated... 1... aw crap...
1.e reloads... crap! gates again :oops:

2.a Use a gem of despair
2.b go to heretic system
2.c attempt to guard the ship from pentavores... or try to do any mission for that matter. It is amazing how horrible level V is against those things... >.<

3. Blow up a commonwealth station... unless you never need to dock ever again, oh right and the last system you can't really do anything.
Best score: To be updated soon!
Dómina Caedis, venenum dominam.
Dómina Aeterna, irradiatis dominam
Dómina tenebrarum, odissis dominam.
Dómina desperatione, passim dominam
Dómina existendi, nox dominam
Dómina interitis, Omnes ad dominam
Dómina Liuoris, haeresium dominam
Dómina crepidam, Apocalypsi dominam
Dómina Pestilentiae, ater dominam
Dómina igni. invidis dominam
centauri5
Anarchist
Anarchist

LunarAvenger wrote:Mmm, lets see newb things I've done...

1.a Total disaster with radiation, I had 3 rad immune armors... and they hit the only section that wasnt >.<
1.b then i realized that there was no way to heal... so i scouted for a station quick...
1.c there were no stations.
1.d I rush to the gate... 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2 gated... 1... aw crap...
1.e reloads... crap! gates again :oops:
Got me my first game! :)
Last edited by Ttech on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing quote tag,
Fayceless
Anarchist
Anarchist

Yeah, I've radiation-gated myself, that and running out of fuel and gating are the worst things one can do.

I suppose you could also get yourself flagged for slave trade and then travel through a gate, you couldn't dock with any commonwealth. Not a game-ender but it can be a big deal, especially early on.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Once I'm pretty sure I gated with almost no fuel left and radiation. I came out, on one side was a station that could refuel, but not decontaminate. On the other side was a station that could decontaminate but not refuel. Sitting there in indecision killed me.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:Once I'm pretty sure I gated with almost no fuel left and radiation. I came out, on one side was a station that could refuel, but not decontaminate. On the other side was a station that could decontaminate but not refuel. Sitting there in indecision killed me.
LOL. If I had a credit for every time I radiation/fuelstarve gated, I'd be so rich I could have afforded the rad-immune armour and the 100MW reactor I would need to survive both deaths. >.>
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Except you'd be dead so it'd hardly matter :P You're end credit score would be one higher. :D
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:Except you'd be dead so it'd hardly matter :P You're end credit score would be one higher. :D
>.<

I've also died going to Elysium...I thought I'd try St kat's for fuel...do you realise how long it takes to find the right gate in Elysium? Long enough to die from running out of fuel. x_x
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I just love how desperate attempts to survive often lead to dieing faster :twisted:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drako Slyith wrote:I just love how desperate attempts to survive often lead to dieing faster :twisted:
Yeah that does happen quite often, but sometimes, especially if you got a Jump Drive, you can survive quite a long time.
centauri5
Anarchist
Anarchist

Drako Slyith wrote:I just love how desperate attempts to survive often lead to dieing faster :twisted:
:) Completely true!
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote:
Yeah that does happen quite often, but sometimes, especially if you got a Jump Drive, you can survive quite a long time.
Here's how that works for me: 1. Buy the jumpdrive 2. Almost run out of fuel. 3. Use the jumpdrive to get to a friendly station. 4. Find out I've spent my last credits on the jumpdrive and now cannot afford fuel :roll:
centauri5
Anarchist
Anarchist

Drako Slyith wrote:
Ttech wrote:
Here's how that works for me: 1. Buy the jumpdrive 2. Almost run out of fuel. 3. Use the jumpdrive to get to a friendly station. 4. Find out I've spent my last credits on the jumpdrive and now cannot afford fuel :roll:
Jumpdrive? Is that in a mod or something?
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

centauri5 wrote:
Drako Slyith wrote:
Ttech wrote:
Jumpdrive? Is that in a mod or something?
Nope. It's a very expensive late-game Device that lets you instantly cross large sections of space. It's good but costs 200,000 credits I think, when it's unknown, and about the same in Rin.