Opening Codes, Ending Codes

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

In using mods and creating mods, I keep receiving the same error messages: cannot parse; content expected on line; and closing tag does not match opening tag. What is a tag, and how in the worlds do I correct these errors? Help me out guys (or ladies since we do not really know who is behind the username)!
"Wars make not one great" Yoda to Luke Skywalker Ep. VI The Return of the Jedi. :roll:
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Darth Saber wrote:In using mods and creating mods, I keep receiving the same error messages: cannot parse; content expected on line; and closing tag does not match opening tag. What is a tag, and how in the worlds do I correct these errors? Help me out guys (or ladies since we do not really know who is behind the username)!
"Wars make not one great" Yoda to Luke Skywalker Ep. VI The Return of the Jedi. :roll:
Tags are the <tag_name>...</tag_name> pairs in the xml document. They have to match up, like brackets, each open tag has to have a corresponding closing tag.
You can also have a tag that closes itself by ending the tag text with a "/", like this:
<tag_ name ... text ... />
It isn't always the closing tag missing that can cause that error. If you are missing a closing quotation mark somewhere; or, I think, sending info to a function and missing an entry can cause that too.

Upload your xml to look at...
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

darth saber, try to post your code in Shipyards (the place where to get help with modding), I'm sure that someone will help you (even me maybe!) :D
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Messages received, with thanks. I needed to know what the tags were, thanks dvlenk6, and digdug.

To digdug: I really enjoyed your "tinkers" mod, and the others that I have downloaded. Thanks. 8)
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Darth Saber wrote:...thanks dvlenk6...
You're welcome. :)
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html