Xelerus BETA

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I suppose that would be mine, eh?
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

No, FAD's solitude orb.
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Burzmali wrote:hmm, only the first mod in the weapons section seems immune to comments, how odd.
[...]
No, FAD's solitude orb.
Working fine here :s
And I looked through the code nothing bad there! (Also there is only one comment function using different data for each mod so when one would be broken all the others must be aswell)! So I don't think the problem is here :P

In addition to that some news on the page:
While logged in you now can write Feedback/Report the mod using a email form and there is a new category called 'mod packs'!
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Got a chance to check out the site today, it looks nice (and not just in appearance) but does everything have to be zipped? Usually only large files or collections of files are zipped, it doesn't make sense to me to zip a 20Kb XML file.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Aha, found the problem. The page won't accept any comments that contain the character (').
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm also getting a web page drop whenever I click and download a file. Once the DL window pops up, the web page dissapears and I have to reload it again.
This is a standard left mouse click to DL. Haven't tried the right click-save as function yet.
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

FAD wrote:I'm also getting a web page drop whenever I click and download a file. Once the DL window pops up, the web page dissapears and I have to reload it again.
This is a standard left mouse click to DL. Haven't tried the right click-save as function yet.
What browser are you using? then normally the following should happen:
You click the link, the DL-window pops up and when you download the download-page should stay at it's position!
And what do you see when the page goes blank in the adress field?
eg:
http://www.xelerus.playmenow.org/index.php?s=mod&did=46
or
http://www.xelerus.playmenow.org/mods/M ... 732435.zip
What I think is that your browser directly points to the file and goes there after downloading it(let me know if it is it and I'll prevent it)!

On another note:
The 'Remember Me' Cookie is working (alltogether it stores 4 cookies valid 30days)

Then the preferences page has been beefed up! There can be now inserted personal info.

Oh nearly forgot it. There is already a new style(skin?) called 'black&white' ;) Try it and say comment :)

And more: Don't expect anything to happen next week (25.09-30.09)! I'll be in Czechia (in Praha to be more precise) with school!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I just tried filling in my profile, and apparently, since I did not:
1) change my password
2) fill in my ICQ number (which I don't have, since I have no idea what it is)
, everything I had put in was deleted and putting all of that in was a waste.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

@bimbel, I've been using IE . When I click the link to DL a file, that page will drop completely and the popup for the DL takes its place. Once the file completes download, the webpage is nowhere to be found and I have to reload it again.
Most DL sites use a new blank page whenever someone clicks to DL, the DL popup would be placed in front or on top of the blank page. Is that the way you have it set up?
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugimotomanager wrote:I just tried filling in my profile, and apparently, since I did not:
1) change my password
2) fill in my ICQ number (which I don't have, since I have no idea what it is)
, everything I had put in was deleted and putting all of that in was a waste.
First there are two change buttons the top one ONLY for the pasword and the bottom one for personal information!
And I still have some unsolved problem there which shouldn't cause that!
FAD wrote:@bimbel, I've been using IE . When I click the link to DL a file, that page will drop completely and the popup for the DL takes its place. Once the file completes download, the webpage is nowhere to be found and I have to reload it again.
Most DL sites use a new blank page whenever someone clicks to DL, the DL popup would be placed in front or on top of the blank page. Is that the way you have it set up?
Try again! should work now!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Kewlness! I was gonna go there anyway so I'll give it another shot and let ya know how it faired.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Alright! It works great now. The page remains whenever DL'g. U da man!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Try not to double-post, FAD. Edit them instead.