Outer Realm Relations

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
quils3
Miner
Miner

[Spoiler alert]
You have been warned.

I need more explanation than what the game provides (or maybe I don't know most of the secrets of the game)
For starters:
Teratons
Ringers
Ferians
Xenophobes

1.Who are they?
2.What are they doing in the Outer Realm?
3.When did they colonize the Outer Realm?
4.Where do they live [as in stations- Teraton nests look worse than the Sung slave quarters!]?
5.Why are they friendly/enemy to the CW?
AND
6.What's up with the Ringers and Ferians?
7.Are Ferians a related, but distinct faction of the Ringers, like the CW and Corporate with the same relationships?
8.What do the Ringers do with those ores that the Ferians provide them? Are they making some kind of uber- fleet to get past the Iocrym to make an uber uber-fleet?
What I know from in- game experience:
1.Teratons: mutated ???
They sell and buy super high-end stuff. What the criteria is, I don't know (I should probably look in .tdb?). The only reason why I still get rins is because those Ares Sentries sure have great loot. Sometimes when you dock with them, they like to steal stuff from you cargo. (happened... 3 times in a row.) Then you slaughter their nests. Something about living in Jupiter and expanding at around the same time as the Ringers. They live in their nests I guess. They are friendly to the playership, and don't fire on CW ships.
2.Ringers: Neo-human
They get ores from the Ferians. You get rins from them. They protect you from Phobos better than the CSC. They even like amassing Gaian salvager wrecks for you to loot. They ??? with all the ores they get. Maybe ores are their kind of jewelry. Colonized Outer Realm at same time as Teratons, except from Saturn. They live in their Enclaves. Friendly to the CW b/c they trade with them.
3.Ferians: Zoanthropes
They farm asteroids and can be farmed as well. The neurohack website even has that on their list of 20 things to do
From Twenty Things To Do in Transcendence: 12. Farm Ferians
so it's A-ok to kill those devolved humans! If one too many dies from a stray shot or their colony gets the kicker, they drop everything without even dropping their ores in a freighter to send to the Ringers. About a while after the Ringers stabilized did they colonize the Outer Realm. Friendly to Ringers and all the Ringers are friendly to.
4.Xenophobes: you don't even TALK to them in-game. Unlike the Ares, who you talk to in Heretic (for about 5 seconds!) if you save the Antarctica.
They... shoot stuff. Gaians jack the armor from dead Worldships I guess, but I have no clue what they are doing. Something about a Bennin Xenophobe who started it Xenophobe colonization. They probably are enemies to the CW by know, given that they blow up colonies.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hopefully this helps a bit:
THIS IS A MASSIVE SPOILER

The ringers are neo-humans who have adapted them selves for space and now no longer identify them selves with humans. They are mostly friendly but don't mind experimenting on humans. This also goes for the Teratons. They have modified them selves so greatly they also don't resemble human form ( for the most part ) and they did it to them selves it is not a mutation.

THe Xenophobes were a group of humans (I think) Who do not like any change and difference in anybody except their perfect form. And will destroy anything they don't agree with. They are quite powerful and hard to destroy, but they have great loot.

All these different species live in their communes or stations - there is no real difference in the game. You can imagine the stations being like cities.

Giagans are also kinda lonely they loot and destroy to power their ships?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I thought that the Gaians were like Salvager Nomads, in this case, they steal stuff after battles. Then again, I don't know how blowing a wreck helps you get loot.
They would get to survivors first after one of those Ares-CW battles and then ransom them (maybe the policy of ransoming survivors makes the CW mad? Maybe that's why they are red on the LRS?).
In essence though, the only actions they do as of right now are blow up wrecks, get blown by the Ringers, and pretty much keep to themselves, like the Xenophobes.
As for the station part: so everytime you blow up a Teraton nest or Ares commune, you pretty much blow up a whole city?! That pilgrim must have some issues. [well, not really, Trans has a different moral standards than today]
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

they might very well steal stuff however they do develop a bit of their own technology as well and although they don't actually use it in game (much) they still hve it.