George, the Sovereigns page needs LARGE amount of work.

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Harbringer
Miner
Miner

I kinda noticed that only the Ranx Empire is detailed on the Sovereigns page.
Why not improve the whole thing?
Yay. I have an internet connection again.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

"We" talked about this on IRC- (with inter alia Wolfy )
And I think we have to wait for a George sentence. :)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Harbringer wrote:I kinda noticed that only the Ranx Empire is detailed on the Sovereigns page.
Why not improve the whole thing?
Why not? Because in Transcendence, as in life, everything is a trade-off.

Here are the top ten list of things that I've decided to do instead of work on the Sovereigns page:

10. Answer questions on this forum
9. Implement suggestions sent in by the community
8. Fix bugs caused by me trying to implement suggestions sent in by the community
7. Fix bugs that I was too lazy to fix in 1.0
6. Investigate crash bugs that happen all the time but can't be reliably reproduced
5. Design new sovereigns for Part II
4. Design new game mechanics for Part II
3. Implement new features for Part II
2. Fix bugs caused by me adding features for Part II
1. Go out and earn a living so I can afford to work on Transcendence

:)
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ok, so... ok :D
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Do you know how the new player info got updated for 1.0?

People wrote articles for it on the wiki and they got ported to the official site.

Do you know how it got there in the first place?

People wrote stuff for it on the Unofficial Transcendence Forums, which were the only community site at the time.

If you think something on the website needs updating write some content. If it's new content like a backstory for the Kobol Warlords put it up for critique on the forums. If it's descriptive of what's already there like the new player info put it on the wiki.

Yes, you need George to actually lay it out and put it on the official site, but it's a lot more likely to happen if the community has already provided the content.
Literally is the new Figuratively
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Atarlost wrote:Do you know how the new player info got updated for 1.0?

People wrote articles for it on the wiki and they got ported to the official site.

Do you know how it got there in the first place?

People wrote stuff for it on the Unofficial Transcendence Forums, which were the only community site at the time.

If you think something on the website needs updating write some content. If it's new content like a backstory for the Kobol Warlords put it up for critique on the forums. If it's descriptive of what's already there like the new player info put it on the wiki.

Yes, you need George to actually lay it out and put it on the official site, but it's a lot more likely to happen if the community has already provided the content.
This is a great point (and much more useful than mine). Perhaps we could start a section of the Wiki to collect information on sovereigns. There is plenty of known information (from the game itself) or from postings on the forums. And perhaps each sovereign page could have speculative information.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:

5. Part II
4. Part II
3. Part II
2. Part II

:)
WOOT Part II

:D
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yesssszzz... I canot wait for zse Part Twooooo..... :twisted:

Since We're discussing the sovereigns, Why do the sung, ranx, and everybody asides from the ares not have shipyards? where do they get all those pesky wind slavers from? Jus' wondereing...
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

I assume that they have factories hidden in the parts of the QZ less contested (i.e. that aren't in the game)
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yep, the community did it in the past with the Captain's Primer, we can do it again :D
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... rimer.html
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Drako Slyith wrote:I assume that they have factories hidden in the parts of the QZ less contested (i.e. that aren't in the game)
I have only seen a shipyard spawn ships in response to an attack : And I was thinking it would be "interesting" if they were spawning ships , until destroyed : regardless of attack and sending them out on Patrol or Wander within the system ( since they already have a set up for their guard ships )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

digdug wrote:
yep, the community did it in the past with the Captain's Primer, we can do it again :D
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... rimer.html
I agree that we can develop creativity for the game in many parts not just from modding.
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

@george,

I think you should give us a little bit of ideas about sovereigns(like, your main idea about them?) and maybe we can give out our own ideas that "you" might like to consider.
Encrypting messages into optical arrays, one cube at a time...

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

I'll be observing from afar.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

asam3 wrote:@george,

I think you should give us a little bit of ideas about sovereigns(like, your main idea about them?) and maybe we can give out our own ideas that "you" might like to consider.
http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/wiki/factions

The text in the page above originally come from a post I made many years ago.
jimj316
Miner
Miner

I added a fair amount of info to the wiki, just so that all the in-game info on the factions is in one place. Please tell me if I made any mistakes or if its too spoily.