Overpowered & Underpowered

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Is it just me or are there some items that have, intentionally or otherwise,
been under/over powered for some time. just a few examples of items that I
think are a little Too powerful, followed by some that I think are garbage.

Overpowered-

any shield generator with "Qausi-armor" in it.

Ferian plasma Cannon.

Xeno Lancers

Morningstar Cannon

Cyberdeck -----.

Underpowered-

Cyclotron and Yoroi shields.

Laser array

Dual Tev9

My suggestion is bump the underpowered items down a level, or improve them, and bump the overpowered items up a level, or unimprove them.

(I'm not sure if unimprove is a word, but whatever) :)
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There's nothing wrong with the cyclotron shields. They may just not fit your playstyle. Shields in general cannot be level adjusted because level effects their resistances as well as their generation. Yoroi shield stats are dictated by their use on Steel Slavers and Ventari Destroyers. Improving them would make those enemies too difficult.

The laser array we've been complaining about it as long as I've been here and I don't think it was a new complaint at the time either.

Ferian Plasma Cannon is not overpowered, it's just available earlier than other level 9 weapons because of what uses it.

Quasi-armor and Dual-TeV (and Hanzo, which you didn't mention, but has the same DPS as the Dual-TeV with shorter range) benefit or suffer from enemy weapon or resistance imbalances. Everything really dangerous when Quasi-armor shows up uses blast. Everything and it's dog resists particle when the Dual-TeV and Hanzo show up. The only solution would be to give the pirates more particle beams and take away Ares plate's particle resistance respectively. I'm pretty sure we don't want the former and there are story reasons not to do the latter.

The Morningstar is actually par. It's just the highest level "real" kinetic in the game because the flensers are balanced as beam weapons because of their shot speed.

That leaves the xenophobe lancer, and, yes, it is powerful, but considering you have to face up against an enemy with six of them to get a chance at one they can afford to be a bit overpowered. Same situation as the Lamplighter or Dvalin rewards. Stuff behind a quest wall can afford to be overpowered and hunting down a worldship is on that level.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

You can also get a xeno lancer from a blackmarket station, but at the price you will pay, it will be very, very expensive (I think its also very very worth it though, especially if you can get it one system after st.k's: I spend all my armor fund on that instead of the armor I planned on getting XD). Plus its really hard to find there anyways.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Lokasenna
Miner
Miner

Might just be me, but I picked up an Ares Positron Cannon somewhere a little before Ares/Point Juno and found it utterly useless against anything I decided to fire on.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

@lokasenna
I actually Frequently use the positron, though it is ineffective towards
Heretic, a few longhzus fix that. I guess it is one-upped by the ares archcannon.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Lokasenna wrote:Might just be me, but I picked up an Ares Positron Cannon somewhere a little before Ares/Point Juno and found it utterly useless against anything I decided to fire on.
Right on! It's absolutely, unmistakeably, definitely, utterly and finaly simply useless. Why is it so hard to aim? :roll:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Right on! It's absolutely, unmistakeably, definitely, utterly and finaly simply useless. Why is it so hard to aim?
Maybe eliminate the exhaust? The Positron Cannon is weird because of the way it looks when it is fired while the plyship is in motion.
What ends up happening is that only the first "blip" deals damage, and the rest are just there for show. The weapon effect is a bit lame for level IX-X technology (unlike the awesome wave of plasma from the IFC and the Phobos Archcannon.)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

@RPC
I suggest why not make it look like a yellow particle cannon burst? Might give it more definition.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Or add a "fallingstar" effect to the front of it, have it use a golden Moltenbolt and vaportrail. I'd like it.

EDIT: why do you guys hate the Positron cannon so much? It's a perfectly fine Lv.9 weapon, and you can use longzhu's on it.

erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Resident-Pyromaniac wrote:Or add a "fallingstar" effect to the front of it, have it use a golden Moltenbolt and vaportrail. I'd like it.

EDIT: why do you guys hate the Positron cannon so much? It's a perfectly fine Lv.9 weapon, and you can use longzhu's on it.
It's cute but not deadly looking and its really so hard to aim. I like your suggestion though. The "chill" effect does look great but isn't it in reality positrons are supposed to be invisible to the naked eye?
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Positrons are antimatter protons. In high enough quantities they could be visible. But it would be impossible to keep them in a dense enough cluster to see because they are all equal charges and then they will repel each other.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:Positrons are antimatter protons. In high enough quantities they could be visible. But it would be impossible to keep them in a dense enough cluster to see because they are all equal charges and then they will repel each other.
Ergo immense power is needed to confine or contain them if ever possible. But as a weapon it's really much more powerful than an ordinary nuclear blast right? Cool. Now I like 'em but as weapons really look lame (no offense guys just an observation). Thanks Drako Slyith.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drako Slyith wrote:Positrons are antimatter protons. In high enough quantities they could be visible. But it would be impossible to keep them in a dense enough cluster to see because they are all equal charges and then they will repel each other.
An antimatter proton would be an anti-proton. Positrons are anti-electrons. They don't use the anti prefix because they were named before the name antimatter was standardized.
Literally is the new Figuratively
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Actually, I love Ares positrons! They're my only major source of rin, especially since the Ares sentry isn't heavily armored :) (that, and high level ores). I usually upgrade to the positron when I have to leave my beloved Starcannon in the cargohold :(
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Atarlost wrote:
An antimatter proton would be an anti-proton. Positrons are anti-electrons. They don't use the anti prefix because they were named before the name antimatter was standardized.
Right, sorry. I always get that mixed up.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?