Xenophobe worldship

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

How many Xenophobe worldships can spawn per game? Is there a maximum number? I quite enjoy slaughtering them, though I can never find more than three of four...
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

It is random like anything else. Although I have noticed that there seems to me more xeno's the longer you play. For instance I tend to get more of them if I am playing a vanilla game rather then a mod because the vanilla game lasts longer. I ran through in 2 hrs with a godmod and saw no world ships. On the other hand the 12 hr vaniila game I had them everywhere.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Its because they drift around: the less time you spend in a system, the lower the chance that you have that you will be in the right place at the right time to see them.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

So how many are there? I know its random, but there must be a maximum amount, right? Otherwise some games would have dozens of them.
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You could do the probabilities, but the maximum number of worldships you can see is quite high. You can see them pop up at any spot in system levels 7-9. However, they're 'v' in levels VII and IX, and only 'u' in level VIII. I can't remember what chances GM assigned to those, but I'm pretty sure you could get a system with only worldships in theory. Given 7-8 systems that could spawn like that, and that maybe five of those are potential binaries, that's a lot of worldships.

Or to put it another way: No, there is not a maximum programmed into the game. Some games can have dozens, it's just REALLY unlikely.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

one is the program : but if you play it hard the game can react with more then one: I have had two and possibly 3 ( I am not sure If I saw a third on the system edge, I was concentrating on steering the other two to teraton and ringer stations to die so I could loot them)

In my own extensions I have a set number of "1" and often find the game throwing between 1 and 3 at me
depending on how deadly I am.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Can anybody tell me where to find the Xenophobe Ark? I have had enough of those Worldships. They come and destroy even CSC's then disappear. I want the mother hen. :evil:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Ark is not a random ship. One may be fought in a mission in Heretic.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

PM wrote:The Ark is not a random ship. One may be fought in a mission in Heretic.
In the Heretic? Ooh...I better do things right to find 'em there huh? Will successfully hacking the AI lead me to it? I failed the first time so I have another shot now in 101 right?.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just accept the mission offered by the Taikon research station.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:Just accept the mission offered by the Taikon research station.
Unfortunately Taikon got destroyed before I even got to them. Tough luck. I'll get them next time. 8-)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I had this same experience several times trying to figure out the " Puzzle" of Heretic : the stations operate in a set pattern that sends you on the missions to get to the next star gate: I will tell you the safest places to try to survive are on the Control center station of the top of the star and the star itself : but if you fall under attack: game over: you need several things before you can get to the next gate.
1 ) you need Kate in that station at the top of the star.
2) you need to get a ROM called heretic research to give to her.

without those two things: your not getting to the next gate.

However: if you meet Kate : and you get her to that station: it will not really matter if you get attacked : because your attackers will carry that ROM.....with a small chance for each one to have it programmed into the game.....you just have to dock with their wrecks to get it.....and get away and get it to Kate.....then get away alive because they will be on you like Ares to a marshmello :)
( yes, Ares like Marshmellos )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Wait, only one Heretic research ROM is enough?
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No, you need three.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Also, should you give Kate more than three ROMs, she gives back virus cubes for each extra ROM beyond the quota.