Game slows down after few seconds after start.

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
extempore
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello, i hope it's the right subforum. If not, please move. :)

I got a problem that a game slows down after few seconds after start. Actually right after i kill anything & see the explosion i'm getting 0,7-0.8 of the normal game speed . Does anybody know what can cause that problem?

Laptop:
Windows 7
Intel P8400
4 GB ram.

Thanks in advance!
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

that used to happen to me occasionally.. its not got much to do with the specs of your system..
how i got past it was to simply save n quit and then continue.
it was funny how using autopilot made the ship move slower than normal
extempore
Anarchist
Anarchist

That is exactly what i'm doing if it happens "save, quit, restart". But it is not a very good solution. :wink:
jimj316
Miner
Miner

That's odd, on my Dell netbook (RAM: 512 MB, Processor:Cheese) The game runs fine at 40 FPS...
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

this happened again.. i was using a bunch of mods ( the network and most of the mods from rpc's challenge) and i entered a ginormicous binary star system.. the slowdown was pretty noticeable but what was even more interesting is that i bumped into a very unfriendly wolfen class gunship pilgrim but i blew up his ship and then the game became pretty unplayable ater that.. it took a full 15 seconds before the "autopilot enabled" cleared the screen.. and it took me so damn long to reach a stargate, but when i gated out it was back upto speed.. i think its some redundant code or possibly some inifinte loop error in some code and/or possibly due to some mods.. makes the game frustratingly slow :evil:
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

It may be that since there is a binary system, which has a lot more area where ships fly around and where stations are, running events, and since you have a lot of mods, maybe there are just too many events running per tick and the game slows down.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wait, what mods? At least one popular mod is a huge resource hog when you first enter a system.
Literally is the new Figuratively
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

pretty much all of rpc's challenge mods.. and then the wyvera mod also.. i solved the problem by putting the enhanced autopilot set to go to the nearest stargate and i went and made something to eat, by the time i came back, i was about 60ls away and i could nicely enjoy eating before i could gate out. :P
but after that the game's been running back to 1X speed! what a relief!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

durbanator wrote:pretty much all of rpc's challenge mods.. and then the wyvera mod also.. i solved the problem by putting the enhanced autopilot set to go to the nearest stargate and i went and made something to eat, by the time i came back, i was about 60ls away and i could nicely enjoy eating before i could gate out.
but after that the game's been running back to 1X speed! what a relief!
Lol, nice to know my advanced autopilot saved someone's day! :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
ShaunWilkinson
Anarchist
Anarchist

It does sound like one of the mods is hogging the system resources making the game run very slowly, and hey guys nice to be here :)
I am the One and Only