Win In Arena EASILY

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.

Is this helpful?

Yes
17%
No
83%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 18
WildRose103
Miner
Miner

This requires for you to have the mod "playerships drones ''. You can get it from xelerus.

Buy as much wolfen drones as you can.The Arena allows the drones to enter the ring with you. Then, take care of your enemies. If u can't beat him with 3 drones on your side........u terribly suck in fighting. My recommendation..... Get yourself an omni weapon.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This is useless for unmodified games, and if you want to win the game with the aid of mods, get a godmod designed as such.

As for winning the arena easily, I skip the later matches until I have military equipment and multiple wingmen (Jana and Rama). ZG24 cluster MAGs hit as hard as nukes if they hit just right. This assumes I care about permadeath.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
WildRose103
Miner
Miner

Yeah. I Should have added ''win Arena matches EARLIER :? :wink: in the game''.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Military weapons? I've taken the Molotok and Slicer with a particle beam weapon with no issue. Just be creative and hide behind the wrecks.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

(To Xephyr) If I want to honor permadeath, I leave as little as possible to chance. Why fight fair when I can stack the deck in my favor? Sure I can fight later matches with level appropriate gear and no wingmen, but I would rather not because I risk losing and dying.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What fun is that? There's no real challenge in permadeath if you just pussyfoot around everything anyway.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, I usually play vanilla games and find it - with a good portion of luck - not too hard to become the arena champion.

My basic strategy is to leave as many wrecks as possible in place and use them as cover for the later fights. If I can choose the right opponents, those with no mag launcher, it works pretty well. Luck comes in when the Slicer has no mag launcher ...

After reading the source I found out that leaving wrecks in place probably is making the arena harder for the player (spoiler?). However I try to come out with more money than I went in :D
Tamagoyaki
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

With Wolfen, some skill and luck (and skipping opponents using MAGs) you may win the arena with SmartCannon and some minor damage mods. But insurance and Omsk stuff is recommended :D
Sorry for my poor english :-(
Last cause of death: arena opponent + crappy Cyclotron shield generator (I was insured).
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've killed the slicer with a dual laser before.

....I also had XM900's, but that's beside the point.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

To win in the arena all I need is blast plate armor ( or an very good enhanced HeavyPlasteel), an NAMI laucher with some (more than 30) missiles preferably KM500 or KM120 or both and an Yoroi S100 Shield.
About the main weapon, an dual turbolaser cannon or something more destructive. ( and if you can get an laser collimator or any other device to enhance your gun, even better) :mrgreen:

( Suddenly the silencer is't so scary, is it? ) :twisted:
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
ronelm2000
Miner
Miner

My Tips for the Arena:
(1) Get a slam cannon. Often helps. Of course, on the assumption that you can shoot well.
(2) Tracking missiles. LOTS OF 'EM!
(3) An omnidirectional / tracking weapon. This is to keep the shield down. This doesn't necessarily work with the Slicer, however, if he has an MAG Launcher. :/
(4) In case of missiles/MAG, use missile-resistant armor/shields (preferably armor if short of cash, since often times shields before Charon are.... disappointing.)

(5) Of course, the better alternative is using mods (ie. PlayershipDrones, 400+ New Weapons, Korolov archcannon from Network etc.) but vanilla (for some) is out of the question.
Dedalo wrote: ( Suddenly the silencer is't so scary, is it? ) :twisted:
Did you mean Slicer? :lol:
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

yap
my mistake :oops:
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I generally share ronelm2000's strategy, but applying that to the freighter makes it:
  • an energy omny weapon - probably omni laser. A laser collimator is a cool thing, but making it fast also works well. I never had an onmi particle cannon at that point, but should do also. I also defeated the Slice one time with a not enhanced omni laser ...
  • either a Nami launcher - did someone try a Makayev one? - with tracking missile, or a really heavy kinetic gun - preferably with cannon accelerator. (Some guys have ceramic type armor)
  • I consider reactive blast plate pervert, but it does its job. However I had pretty funny games when I got heavy meteorsteel - the light stuff is no good. When its less than four segments, its "front towards enemy". I probably would favor (reactive) advanced reactive armor over plaststeel if I cant get blast plate or meteorsteel.
  • Im still not sure for the shield, probably some with faster regen rate like the Yoroi S100 helps against laser/particle damage, however a T1/T4 quasi armor is way better against guys who shoot mags at you. Also a shield that does go down during combat can be helpful if you dont deal much damage ...
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have t say the easiest way to win in the arena is to get a wingman and let him do the fighting. the arena opponents don't fuss with them and aim all their weapons on you. In the mean time just hide under the protection of the arena's docking area.
This works well for the one on one matches at least.
Of course if you have a wingman then you probably won't have much of a problem in the first place.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Vachtra wrote:I have t say the easiest way to win in the arena is to get a wingman and let him do the fighting. the arena opponents don't fuss with them and aim all their weapons on you. In the mean time just hide under the protection of the arena's docking area.
This works well for the one on one matches at least.
Of course if you have a wingman then you probably won't have much of a problem in the first place.

Along the same lines, autons are very useful if you can manage to snag one, or two.