What's your current loadout?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

On my 1.01 game, I'm in a Wolfen with the following loadout:

Weapons:
+fast Lancer Cannon (main, been using it since Rigel Aurelius)
+20% Tritium Cannon (got it a bit after St. K's, seems good for taking down stations)
Plasma Torch (I just used this for mining back in Jiang's Star)

Armor: 3 segments of Ithalium armor I picked up a while ago. There were only 3 available, so my left segment is still Advanced Ceralloy.

Shield: Cyclotron S1200 +50%, also had it since Rigel Aurelius (the +50% is from the ROM you get at the end)

Reactor: SN2500 250MW reactor

Misc:
2 damaged patch spiders (disabled) :(
a patcher arm
a smuggler's cargo hold

for reference, from what I can tell, Point Juno is a few systems away. Is anything I have underpowered? And what are your loadouts? :D
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Been modding lately ;)
Last loadout was:
1 Ranx Dreadnought (PSD v5), 24 transuranic armor, nanite shield (WE5), ~3 ion lancers and something like, 24 patch spiders o.O
Also had Hyperion.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Turbolaser cannon, laser colliminator, titanium armor (20HP), Class V Deflector
(I will upgrade to X-ray laser and get the Bushido enhancer for a crazy dmg bonus (but not much against high level armor)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shivan Hunter wrote:On my 1.01 game, I'm in a Wolfen with the following loadout:

Weapons:
+fast Lancer Cannon (main, been using it since Rigel Aurelius)
+20% Tritium Cannon (got it a bit after St. K's, seems good for taking down stations)
Plasma Torch (I just used this for mining back in Jiang's Star)

Armor: 3 segments of Ithalium armor I picked up a while ago. There were only 3 available, so my left segment is still Advanced Ceralloy.

Shield: Cyclotron S1200 +50%, also had it since Rigel Aurelius (the +50% is from the ROM you get at the end)

Reactor: SN2500 250MW reactor

Misc:
2 damaged patch spiders (disabled) :(
a patcher arm
a smuggler's cargo hold

for reference, from what I can tell, Point Juno is a few systems away. Is anything I have underpowered? And what are your loadouts? :D
looks pretty good :D , you might want to get a better basecracker (replace the tritium cannon) later in game. You might also want to replace the ithalium armor with something lighter. WIth the wolfen you might be more interested to keep a fast and agile ship. Diamond armor is usually a good choice for the wolfen.
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ithalium's done well for me so far, so I might stick with it for a while. I'll be reevaluating my loadout entirely at Point Juno (or should I do it one system before that? I've never been there so I don't know if there will be a huge battle like Charon). I've been needing something better to destroy bases for a while now.

I haven't played on that save for a bit, since I've moved to 1.08g. I'll probably start it up sometime, and if/when I die, I won't resurrect.
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yeah PJ is a battle. Prepare for Ares. (no Deimoses or Phobii sadly :( )
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Lucky Phil
Anarchist
Anarchist

At the beginning of a game, I work toward obtaining an R5B shield & an OmniTev9 with any Makayev blaster that's readily available. To get the cash to do so, I use every slot I can for every solar collector (or whatever they're called) I can find & get patch-spiders to repair salvaged armour to sell. As long as I've got a functional patch-spider & solar panels I can camp out on a sun safely & rely on whatever armour plates happen along.

Mid game: Worldship armour, no shield, with an Omni-Ion blaster & a Mark-III (or preferably Mark-V) always works really well for me up until Heretic.

At Heretic I replace the armour with "Heavy Ithalium", add orthosteel nanos to it, put on a "Kaidum" shield (bumped up in resistance by Longzu spheres), switch the Omni-Ion for the Omni-Tev9, & ditch the 2nd weapon for the Ringer's to re-install the Lamplighter (and add a "weapon optimizer" to ramp it's fire rate) and then go chip away at the final enemy(s).
...but often as not I end up dead because I try to get too many shots in before a Trans-space-drive jump.

Making cash & rin sure would be faster earlier on if my ship had one of those Iocrym plasma weapons to mine asteroid with... Yikes, they hurt!
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There are a lot of viable loadouts at different stages in the game, but there are a few weapons/armor types/devices that I always seem to fall back on:

Pre-St. Kat's:
- NAMI missile launcher, since you can get free ammo from Charon pirates and there's a missile type for every situation. Lucifers are really great later in the game.

Midgame:
- Akan 600 turret, unless I'm flying a Wolfen. This is such a great weapon; if you upgrade it it will remain useful all the way into Ares space. The Omni-Tev9 is a power hog and it has a bad damage type, so I rarely use it if I can get something better.
- Ferian Plasma cannon. Eats stations alive and nothing that flies has any sort of meaningful resistance to plasma damage.
- Dwarg Holochroal (sp?) armor (freighter only). Intrinsic ion AND particle reflection renders half of the enemies in the game a joke.
- Superconducting shield generator is perennially underrated, since there are never very many coils for sale to keep it running. I keep it charged using Domina powers instead.

Late game:
- Transpace jumpdrive
- Diamond lattice armor
Taxcvn
Banned
Banned

COG: Ben Carmine until I discover Anthony Carmine
Locust: Kantus

Rifle: Group Metal/Team Beat Lancer
Shotgun: Group Metal/Team Beat Gnasher
Last edited by Taxcvn on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Taxcvn wrote:COG: Ben Carmine until I discover Anthony Carmine
Locust: Kantus

Rifle: Group Metal/Team Beat Lancer
Shotgun: Group Metal/Team Beat Gnasher
I think you might be mixing up Transcendence with another game :D