[George] Ship dimensions and scale

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Cirevam wrote:Here's a sample of various ships from Hornet to Phobos:

Stations and more ships will come later.
Haha, I guess "Worldship" is a little bit of hyperbole on the part of the Xenophobes. I mean, don't get me wrong, a spaceship the size of the Sears Tower is still impressive, but given the grandiose name...

I also wouldn't have guessed that a Defender would be able to land inside a football field. I'm sure I'm not the only one who imagined them as being Star Destroyer-sized because of their shape. ;) It's actually kind of nice to learn that capital ships aren't ungodly huge leviathans- it makes destroying them in a small gunship feel more credible.

Does this mean that the New Victoria Arcology isn't really a huge orbital ring going all the way around the planet?
Cygnus.X1
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think we would need a different scale range for stations in game, otherwise some of them would take up most of the screen... same deal with planets come to think of it.
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Stations seem reasonable as they are. Big white saucer Commonwealth stations are a kilometer in diameter, and the Arcology of New Victoria is 10 km in diameter. See: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3221 ... yscale.png

Each square represents 500 meters in that picture. The little white ring by the worldship is a Commonwealth Residentials station.
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

As noted in George's response. the planets and stations are in a different scale.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy