Corporate Command

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've been working on Corporate Command:

http://neurohack.com/kronosaur/Corporat ... Intro.html
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Will it be purchased through Transcendence? Also can it be copied to new versions when they come out?
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Vachtra wrote:Will it be purchased through Transcendence? Also can it be copied to new versions when they come out?
It will be purchased through the Multiverse primarily, though it could conceivably be sold through other channels.

The expansion itself will be a single .TDB file without copy-protection. You will be able to back it up, move it from computer to computer, etc. You do not have to be signed in to play it. However, the expansion is licensed to the account that acquired it, and only that account can use it for Multiverse purposes (high-scores, records, etc.)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Woooo! :D
I'm pretty sure 2 months will go by fast.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Excelent, and no two months will not go by fast. They will be excruciatingly slow and daunting, mocking my every waking hour. Ok so that's a little melodramatic but I can't wait to see.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

George, Y U no be here for so long? :cry:
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Jay2Jay wrote:George, Y U no be here for so long? :cry:
Sorry--I've been working on the new extension. And I'm very bad at multitasking.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

:shock: he replied to my comment...

I can die in peace now...
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This is good news! :)

I was just starting to wonder if the game was over, but no.

These game(s) are high quality.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

What payment options can we expect?

Paypal and VISA/MasterCard are pretty clunky for small-time purchases, and it seems unlikely that the combined playerbase of Transcendence and Anacreon is large enough for prepaid credits system.

Perhaps crowd-sourcing or bitcoins could be alternate payment option for the Multiverse marketplace?
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

TVR wrote:What payment options can we expect?

Paypal and VISA/MasterCard are pretty clunky for small-time purchases, and it seems unlikely that the combined playerbase of Transcendence and Anacreon is large enough for prepaid credits system.

Perhaps crowd-sourcing or bitcoins could be alternate payment option for the Multiverse marketplace?
I'm open to suggestions. The easiest is obviously PayPal and CCs, which is what I'll start with. The problem, I think, isn't on the player-side: even assuming I can create 2-3 extensions per year, and assuming you buy every extension I create, then you only need to go through the process 2-3 times per year. That shouldn't be too bad (PayPal is pretty simple to use, 1-2 clicks plus enter a password). On my side, the problem with small transactions is the high overhead costs. But you guys should not care about that.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I care about that! You should be the one getting the money, not paypal! I cant wait to give you money!

http://techorange.com/wp-content/upload ... -money.jpg
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I just realized that you wont be getting that much money though, even if the extension is like 30 bucks.

That also brings me to my next question, Y U want money for this extension when T has been (and I hope will remain) free?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Jay2Jay wrote:I just realized that you wont be getting that much money though, even if the extension is like 30 bucks.

That also brings me to my next question, Y U want money for this extension when T has been (and I hope will remain) free?
True, with size of the community, I don't expect much money at first. But we have to start somewhere. As more and more extension appear, I will have more money for marketing, which will increase the size of the community, which will bring in more money. Rinse, repeat.

Anything can happen, so no promises, but in every scenario I've considered, the core Transcendence will remain free.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Okay, one more question then.

Does this mean that development on vanilla T is over or are the extensions in addition to to it?