Eternity Port storyline unfinished? *Spoilers*

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
jamus28
Anarchist
Anarchist

So I've just helped lillith beat the head honcho, and now... what?
Lillith takes over and controls luminous? I just exchanged one bad guy for another?

-I also completed the asian pacific missions, but the atlas storyline never went anywhere. I only helped them intercept a few transmissions
-The AI in my CDM shard also didn't have a story. I have him up to level 5, but all of the powers are unable to affect higher level enemies except sandstorms.
-Is there a mission involving the large shipyards in Sol?

Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I've visited all of the stations' operations centers.

All in all, I really enjoyed seeing this side of the transcendence universe. The multifactional conflict with the currencies was interesting.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

After defeating Luminous then you just kind of get to do whatever until you get blown up.

The thing about EP is that there's a lot of things in the story that you can't get on a single playthrough. If you played the Asian Pacific missions this time, try the Eurasion ones next time, and the missions will be vastly different.

I think that EP will link with Domina and Oracus eventually. I think it'd be cool to journey along the Pilgrim's route as a non pilgrim, which is entirely possible as it takes place just shortly after the events of part one.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
jamus28
Anarchist
Anarchist

I guess this goes back to my main complaint with the original game as well:
For a universe this large, it needs much much more story.

I appreciate that the player is allowed to use his imagination to fill in the gaps, but there's is sparingly little to go by in the game. I know it's all there rattling around in George's head. He just has to add more mission explanations and character building. Even exposition would be appreciated.

Perhaps the story is down somewhere in an old forgotten wiki or discussed on IRC, but the rest of us want to be clued in!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I totally agree that the game needs more story. I think the Transcendence universe has a lot of potential, and there are many fascinating events and characters. So I totally agree with the desire, but of course it will take a bit of time to get it all in there.

Here's how I see things evolving:

Eternity Port
The main story in Eternity Port with Luminous and Lilith obviously connect to the larger storyline of Domina & Oracus (as Xephyr mentions). Most of the characters introduced here (Morningstar, Lilith, Malina, etc.) will reappear later.

The storylines around the Four Powers (including Atlas, etc.) will definitely be expanded. I wanted to start simple with just the Asian Pacific and Eurasian Diarchy arcs, but I intend to add mission arcs for both United African States and North Atlantic Union (Atlas missions). That will all happen as free updates to Eternity Port, probably next year some time.

Domina & Oracus
Of course, the main Pilgrim's storyline will continue in Part II, and you'll get to see at least the beginning of that storyline in 2015. But there's also lots of storyline to fill in with the rest of the universe.

For example, some of the Fleet vs. Ares storyline will fill in with the upcoming CSC American game. But there is also some unfinished stories with Benedict (from the initial tutorial missions). I plan to continue those in the core game, again, probably in 2015.
Wolfwalker
Anarchist
Anarchist

Uh... So I bought a game that wasn't finished, and I'll have to play it all through again next year to see the rest of it?

Oh well, it was only six bucks...
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Wolfwalker wrote:Uh... So I bought a game that wasn't finished, and I'll have to play it all through again next year to see the rest of it?

Oh well, it was only six bucks...
Transcendence is never finished--you know that! I release new content with the free version all the time! It's only fair that paid extensions also get new content. New content is good!
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I found I was able to use the overload hack on a Xenophobe Worldship, though I don't fully understand the CDM shard mechanics, just tried feeding everything I could to it, so perhaps I leveled it up higher than OP.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}