The value of life?-- Rama---Volkov and Jeana

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The upgrading of companions has been mentioned before,
Especially feeding them :

-> Ammunition <-

(after u buy a ship for them that fires ammo that is). Because they can fire ammo weapons, however when u buy a ship whit ammo weapons u get like 100 rounds or something in cargohold?
Not enough for multiple systems.

Upgrading a companion at any base would be awesome, maybe integrate a command for them to dock whit station?, so that u can start update. (paying for it yourself)
Having them auto- -upgrade / -update at the base?, not sure about that, seems rather complicated to consider all play styles whit that.*1

When and if George finds the time to make any changes i would recommend starting whit their behaviour.
Currently when u buy a new ship for them that is not in line whit thier '' "Advanced" combatstyle setting on their AI '' '' they become white companions, and switch to their weapons layout for combat behaviour. ( as far i can currently determine). And altho this can work out, running out of ammo on them makes it impossible to be usefull. So not so mutch a bug, but rather oversight i would imagine.

Having a simple sub menu talking to them how to behave would be usefull, or a per ship AI companion behaviour, or even better, assign their primary weapon to use.
Al this becomes very complicated, and i would imagine it is even worse coding that. Having multiple selection menu's (talking to them) would be the most simple one i think.

Spoiler: Dont click for more ingame fun next version

Not long ago, u would not be able to buy a new ship, or for your companion, i certainly like the progress ;-)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Advanced means they run away when shields are down unless they have ignoreShieldsDown or something.

Wingmen automatically docking to restock on ammo just like repairing armor would be nice.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You should be able to give money to your companions or have them go out on mercenary missions in another star system and come back stronger.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PM wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:07 am

Wingmen automatically docking to restock on ammo just like repairing armor would be nice.

Neh, i dont want them puffing KM100's in heretic ... ill feed them ammo from my own money / stash, if i could.
Kourtious wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:25 am
You should be able to give money to your companions or have them go out on mercenary missions in another star system and come back stronger.

Oh nice, i like that storyline / character development already ;-)
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I've been thinking about missions that will separate you from your companions. I am sure with them, the current lore can be expanded upon.

What if Volkov is found dead two systems ahead of you? You would investigate his death and dock with his ship to find a data rom. There he tells you the story of how he found Helena and decided to avenge the killer himself but failed. The data rom would give the player the target on his computer. The target turns out to be a Oracle Repentant Gunship. It differs from other gunships by having more pronounced dark accents. He is found patrolling with two other gunships in the system Volkov died in.

When the Oracle gunships sees you, he says "Ah, another offering for God. I pray for your swift demise.".

You defeat him and dock with gunship. You see a dead man covered in his blood. Besides him away from his palms, a gem glows brightly. On the walls, you find blood stained text in crude letters: "Oracles is the all seeing god."

You can loot the Oracle Gunship and find a Gem of Despair and an Imbued Penitent Cannon. Everything else is typical of a Oracle gunship.

Stats for the Imbued Penitent Cannon:
Dark Acid / 12 damage per shot / WMD2 / 2 shot per second / 45 MW/ Level 5

"The weapon hums and whines. There is a mysterious almost hypnotic dark glow. When you go near it, you hear the screams of fellow travelers."

This event chain can be triggered if the player find Helena's wreck with Volkov.