Updated image for Starton Eridani

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

In a word? OooOOOoooh.
 The only thing I can immediately think of that I would have added would have been some sort of Commonwealth icon/logo/thingy on one of the segments like what seems to be on the current one. Otherwise that looks gorgeous. I love that you can actually see the texture detail on the top and the structures around the rim.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

AssumedPseudonym wrote: In a word? OooOOOoooh.
 The only thing I can immediately think of that I would have added would have been some sort of Commonwealth icon/logo/thingy on one of the segments like what seems to be on the current one. Otherwise that looks gorgeous. I love that you can actually see the texture detail on the top and the structures around the rim.
Yeah, I would love to add a logo, but I haven't come up with one yet. The text can't be read in the old picture, but it actually reads "North Atlantic Commonwealth" which is not canonically correct. And the logo itself is more appropriate to the North Atlantic Union (of Eternity Port).
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Very nice looking. It truly appears to be a place where millions could live.

A question: Is Eridani supposed to be a typical Commonwealth metropolis, or is it something of a capital station, like the arcology? Will other metropolises use the new image?

george moromisato wrote: Yeah, I would love to add a logo, but I haven't come up with one yet. The text can't be read in the old picture, but it actually reads "North Atlantic Commonwealth" which is not canonically correct. And the logo itself is more appropriate to the North Atlantic Union (of Eternity Port).
I'd always assumed that the CW logo was the stylized cross we see on CSCs.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

JohnBWatson wrote:Very nice looking. It truly appears to be a place where millions could live.

A question: Is Eridani supposed to be a typical Commonwealth metropolis, or is it something of a capital station, like the arcology? Will other metropolises use the new image?
It is supposed to be a typical metropolis, and others are currently using the new image. But if I had more time I would design other unique metropolises.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It looks truly amazing! :)