[1.6.1 SPOILERS] Is that all or am i missing something ?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Hunterfanta
Anarchist
Anarchist

I don't really know if this is a bug, if it is feel free to move this post to the right section.
i'm playing eternity Port right now, and the last important mission i did was destroying the sung research lab and securing the Hunter-Killer. Now i met a dead end at the somitus system. If you look on the stargate map, i couldn't visit the ranx empire and half of the ungoverned territories because there just is no stargate to pass through. i have the t3-explorer auton, however it tells me that the whole system is explored while there is no further stargate.
i also didn't really read the last message from lilith and the other gal, so maybe i'm missing something out here. in my "mission" section it tells me that i currently don't have any missions.
this can't be the end, can it ? most of my stuff is only lvl 7-8 and i so far only destroyed one ares outpost.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nope. You've got a bit to go yet. EP's stargate network isn't a straight line, so you might need to backtrack and look for an extra gate or encounter that you've missed.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Hunterfanta
Anarchist
Anarchist

Shrike wrote:Nope. You've got a bit to go yet. EP's stargate network isn't a straight line, so you might need to backtrack and look for an extra gate or encounter that you've missed.
thanks for the fast reply, but shouldn't the next stargate already show up on the network map even if you haven't found it yet ? i'm backtraveling to all systems now and using my t3 auton.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Stargates don't appear on the network until you discover them, usually. If you want a hint, [spoiler=]there is usually a stargate linking to Jiang's Star.[/spoiler]
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Hunterfanta
Anarchist
Anarchist

Xephyr wrote:Stargates don't appear on the network until you discover them, usually. If you want a hint, [spoiler=]there is usually a stargate linking to Jiang's Star.[/spoiler]
Oh yeah i already found that one :D i searched jiang's star, dorado and the system i mentioned above by myself and per auton, no stargate found :P
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The explorer auton does not find the stargates, only stations.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Actually, explorers will find any ship or station with docking ports and without the uncharted property. That includes stargates (except the one to Huamarca in SotP), unless you have a mod that removes their docking ports.

The stargate network in Eternity Port looks something like this:
Hunterfanta
Anarchist
Anarchist

ok everyone, i found the gates :) thx for the help
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's definitely harder to find stargates in EP because the CDM merc doesn't get access to Nebular Sight or Domina meditation.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That's odd, the explorer auton has never found me a stargate in plain vanilla. (SOTP)
wqcoleman
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm kinda in this same situation.. I finished killing the sung fortress with Morningstar and Lillith and then all I can find is the Severian's Star and both of them say.. "We'll take it from here.." and no more missions show up? I'm totally confused now..

Here is my map? I have looked and looked and not found the gate shown in the image above

Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

wqcoleman wrote: Here is my map? I have looked and looked and not found the gate shown in the image above
The stargate line will continue in Severian's Star. If you can get your hands on a system map ROM, that'll reveal the stargate. Otherwise, check all the planets, orbitals, asteroids, and nebulae and you can find it.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

wqcoleman wrote:I'm kinda in this same situation.. I finished killing the sung fortress with Morningstar and Lillith and then all I can find is the Severian's Star and both of them say.. "We'll take it from here.." and no more missions show up? I'm totally confused now..

Here is my map? I have looked and looked and not found the gate shown in the image above

Did you dock at the Sung Fortress? I remember needing to do that to progress. Otherwise, just keep moving forward, there's a stargate in the system you're currently stuck in, just find a map ROM(or order one at a trading post) and use it in Severian's Star.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A couple of versions ago, you could reliably find one stargate near the sun and the other much further out. I'm not sure if the code made it this way always or whether there was a degree of randomisation. This may have been changed but I've always had good results searching in the opposite area for the other stargate.
The SystemDensity mod of the time placed them much closer to each other and always near the same star in binary systems. Nice.
Ferdinand wrote:That's odd, the explorer auton has never found me a stargate in plain vanilla. (SOTP)
I can't say with 100% certainty that the autons don't find stargates because of my limited experience with them. But I would suggest that ferdinand could be right. In vanilla SOTP the stargates don't show up when the explorers are running around. That's the impression I've got from a couple of uses.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
wqcoleman
Anarchist
Anarchist

so, I kill the Luminous Assembler in Li and that's it? no message? or point to the end? odd ending.. or am I missing something?