Sometimes games take a strange turn

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just finished a vanilla game in the EI500, only two mods: The soundtrack and HD

In this game I never found the Terra and Antarctica (never happened before). They either were not there, or completely destroyed before I could find them (by Ares, Xenophobes and or Gaians)
The last sytem before Heretic contained exactly four types of stations: Ares Shipyards (10 of them) one Ares Commune, one Teraton and one Ringer Station. The system before that had most of its friendly stations destroyed by Worldships and Rankx Dreadnoughts, Only 3 survived: CSC Asia, A commonwealth station and a Ringer station. Left for me were an Ares Commune and a Rankx fortress.
There were no Ringer Shipyards in the game.

Last three systems before Heretic all had at least 3 Gaians destroying everything useful until I blew them out of existence.

Gave myself the challenge to use only ammo weapons in this game and that worked out well. Made extensive use of the single Teraton fabricator (lot of backtracking to get ammo in the last systems) to fabricate insane amounts of Gotha's and Thermo Cannon shells. Got the Omnidirectional Thermo cannon shortly after St. Kats and used it until the end. Before that I used the smartcannon. Swapped the Nami launcher I got in Eridani somewhere around Sanctuary for the rasiermesser launcher. Had never used the Rasiermesser launcher before and had a very positive experience with it. Never before found it easy to kill a Phobos, this made it easy with Gotha 400's. Used the Gotha 10 mainly for destroying stations.

Had full Domina powers in St Kats. Coutesy of Three Sung slavecamps.

Used a variety of armors and shields, ending with Enhanced Neutronium and the Taikon 200. It's a bit strangen that no station can repair Neutronium, but you can do it yourself with the repairkits and barrels of repairing nano's, enen the lowly armor patch works wonders.... :?

Most of all, it was fun....

Starting a new game with the Wolfen, haven't used that for a while.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You can have a weapon and a launcher at the same time in a freighter? Didnt knw that! And where is the highscore link? Yup use Wolfen! And its 'Ranx' not 'Rankx'.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I do not care for high scores and thus never get a very "High" score. I never care to look for the score in fact. :)
I've been playing since the game first came out (version 0.7 ore something like that). The multiverse did not exist and scores were not recorded anywhere else than on your own pc.

The freighter can install only one weapon, but the launcher does not count as such. You cannot install a launcher in a weapon slot, nor can you install a weapon in a launcher slot. (I think, never tried it really) The freighter is a great missile boat, being able to carry lots of missiles (or MAG grenades if you prefer those). Equip it with heavy armor and use it as a missile battering ram to hammer everything in front of you to oblivion :shock:
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Last I remember, the freighter could field 2 weapons, and launchers counted as weapons.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The last i checked, the freighter had 1 weapon slot. I checked 1yr ago aha! Much has changed!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

TheLoneWolf wrote:The last i checked, the freighter had 1 weapon slot.
That sounds hardcore. I'd love to try out the really old versions of Transcendence sometime.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The EI500 always had two weapon slots since 1.01. The one slot left you see on ship select is the result of omni laser pre-installed. One slot taken by omni laser, one more slot that is empty (and ready to receive one more weapon), for a total of two weapon slots.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:The EI500 always had two weapon slots since 1.01. The one slot left you see on ship select is the result of omni laser pre-installed. One slot taken by omni laser, one more slot that is empty (and ready to receive one more weapon), for a total of two weapon slots.
Looking at the changelog, it looks like the EI500 has had two weapon slots since 0.95b, which was shortly after the freighter was first implemented.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Then the ship selection screen is misleading! Must be fixed! It must show total instead of available.