[In Which I Play AGAIN] Following in Footsteps of Father

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ultimate Chicken wrote:Blazed through St Kat's. Well not really, but I'm skipping a lot of inventory management.

...What do I do with a crapload of autons? Wait for an Auton Bay to spawn?
Auton bays are super-rare, so I'd either use them as mobile ablative armor, or sell them.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you really want an auton bay, your best bet is to burn a Trading Post order on one. Otherwise, sell the autons for more cash.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I want to sell ze autons but the Auton Dealer won't buy anything that's flying out in space. Autons: unpacks easily but horrendously hard to flat pack again. Too bad Ikea went extinct in the 26th century. <_<'

(They do repair them but not buy them)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Autons are flying around and not unused in cargo hold? You might as well let them do their thing until they inevitably die. Auton bay has rarity of "veryrare", and you are highly unlikely to find one randomly.

Auton bay costs about 28,000 credits if you order it from Trading Post. Unless you have numerous stronger battle autons, you will lose money (and a Trading Post order) if you order an auton bay. Do NOT order the auton bay if resale of autons is your only motivation.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If I do decide to buy the Bay it would be to keep and demonstrate Auton outfitting, so I don't mind getting one. It's not as if Dragonballs are that important anymore, so I can afford to waste one wish. :3
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Auton bay has no extra capacity. Your ship is Osaka; are you comfortable with only 74 tons of space?

I have not played the game as a carrier class. Shrike can probably give you better advice on that. Keep in mind Luminere battle autons are limited to 100MW (per device) and other autons have even less peak power. You will not be able to install endgame quality stuff, except possibly the lone Qianlong archcannon from the Huari questline. I suspect playing a carrier will be a challenge - a lot of work for dubious gains.

Longzhu spheres are most useful for repairing broken Ares positron cannons or lightning turrets and selling them for big bucks (or keeping one for yourself to use). However, if you have a Qianlong archcannon and want to give it to an auton, then you need longzhu spheres to keep the gun charged.

Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I actually plan to do more like Mark III or FFH turrets, although I'm not entirely sure if Autons can see *that far*. (I hardly if ever use Break And Attack.)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FFH? FusionFire howitzer? That is 100 MW - no auton can equip that.

1m autons have 45 MW peak power, and can equip mark III. Luminere sentinels have 60 MW and Luminere battle auton has 100 MW.

I think (read: guessing) AI uses the lesser of lifetime or 60 for attack range calculations. Since howitzers have 120, AI may only see half of that range. (On the other hand, lancers have lifetime of 60, and AI can snipe with them well.)

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:FFH? FusionFire howitzer? That is 100 MW - no auton can equip that.

1m autons have 45 MW peak power, and can equip mark III. Luminere sentinels have 60 MW and Luminere battle auton has 100 MW.

I think (read: guessing) AI uses the lesser of lifetime or 60 for attack range calculations. Since howitzers have 120, AI may only see half of that range. (On the other hand, lancers have lifetime of 60, and AI can snipe with them well.)
I am unfamiliar with this as an 'issue' : I mean, if you are using official game material, I understand it - but giving the Auton a chosen reactor isn't that difficult :
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=907

I never got to use the Auton Hanger but the Auton Assembly Hangar I have used and sent many to their deaths gloriously with very expensive stuff ........:)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

shanejfilomena wrote:I never got to use the Auton Hanger but the Auton Assembly Hangar I have used and sent many to their deaths gloriously with very expensive stuff ........:)
I've tried both the NAMI auton bay and the Auton Assembly Hanger and gave up both times somewhere around Rigel. If if were possible to repair autons any time, anywhere, without having to spend money, I might have stuck with it.

I saw a gun on Xelerus that is supposed to be able to heal its target, but I never tried the device.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Mods will not help Ultimate_Chicken for his game in-progress.

As for my mod Auton Assembly Hangar, it only lets the player build autons from scratch with parts on hand. It does not repair stuff, nor should not because player could repair things for free too easily. However, with AAH, you could equip a patcher arm or other repair device on an auton and repair armor that way, if you want. AAH is already very powerful. There are some improvements I could do, such as support reactors and make custom auton graphics, but those are low priority. I will need to take a look once 1.7 gets released so I can check the rebalanced weapons and make adjustments, if necessary.

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I agree. I think if I had tried that healing gun, I would have kept with it for longer, but I'd hate to give up a device slot for the hanger and then another one for the gun.

A slotless device that can be invoked to turn a gun into a healing gun might have worked for me. I'll see if I can figure out how to do it.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I already did a modded game LAST time, this time I'll do it with only the official ones. :3

Dorado System Complete!

...The Commonwealth Fortress's shop interface seems to have a little bit more protection against weapons smuggling. Bah. >_>'

Introducing Makayev-Energia's REAL SOVIET Radiation Immune Blast Plate! TWICE as Radiation Immune as Weak Western Radiation Immune Armors! ^_^
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Update...

You.

You've been buffing Sapiens, Heliothorpes and Marauders.

Well played, dev team. Well played. >_>'
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Update!

I construct a Dual Mark III.

With the exception of forgetting to press the record button before a death, it is a fun weapon. :3