Farming the Sung

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think I would farm Sung Transports for Osmk armour. But idk where to farm those :mrgreen: so any help is appreciated.
Btw the guy with the top vanilka score spent an aweful lot in Ares Space.
Sandstorm-class gunship48519
Any ideas what he might be doing?
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:I think I would farm Sung Transports for Osmk armour. But idk where to farm those :mrgreen: so any help is appreciated.
Doing Huari missions, basically. Last time I checked they mounted Sung armor and rarely if ever dropped extra loot though, unless that's changed in a recent release. I think they are only produced by missions and will never spawn as an encounter or in association with a Sung station. There is a mission in the CW militia mission chain that can produce them but you only get one or two that way before the chain progresses.
Farming Ares station reinforcements, I assume. I think he must have found an Ares outpost, killed its defenders, and sat stationary near the stargate blasting his APC as reinforcements continually came out of the gate along a predictable path.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Actually, Ares farming like that (staying in one place) isn't reliable (stations have a gap in their reinforcements after a while if you farm too much). But ares space is still the best place to farm scores. Ranx for repair kits, ares for points and fuel. I wouldn't recommend it though...having gotten a top score a while back (and had it robbed by the multiverse system not liking the OST beta) when the existing HS was only 3,500,000 or so....it is mind-numbingly boring.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I'm guessing he put Volkov, Rama, and a ton of autons between a stargate and an Ares Commune, and sat on a sun with solar armor while leaving the computer on overnight.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:

I'm guessing he put Volkov, Rama, and a ton of autons between a stargate and an Ares Commune, and sat on a sun with solar armor while leaving the computer on overnight.
I bet he destroyed the Ares "overnight" :mrgreen:
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:
Looking at his "shots fired" count I'm inclined to believe that this is the case. Do captured Dwarg Behemoths and Luminous drone kills count towards player score? If I were going to be farming sandstorms I wouldn't trust wingmen or autons to survive overnight, but ion-immune minions could hold out indefinitely in that sort of environment. More than one Dwarg Behemoths would eventually kill one another with friendly fire, but ion-shield-variant Luminous drones would be essentially invulnerable.

Something else weird is going on with that save though, since it says he never took any damage whatsoever except to very high-level equipment and that he ended the game with >100 system map roms
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote: Something else weird is going on with that save though, since it says he never took any damage whatsoever except to very high-level equipment and that he ended the game with >100 system map roms
There were a few exploits used in that run - it was a game played over several versions.
As well as the map ROMs, you can also look at the medical supplies donated to the fleet - he probably used a duplication bug to do that.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Xephyr wrote:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote: Something else weird is going on with that save though, since it says he never took any damage whatsoever except to very high-level equipment and that he ended the game with >100 system map roms
There were a few exploits used in that run - it was a game played over several versions.
As well as the map ROMs, you can also look at the medical supplies donated to the fleet - he probably used a duplication bug to do that.
Remove illegal scores from ScoreBoard!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:There were a few exploits used in that run - it was a game played over several versions.
Remove illegal scores from ScoreBoard![/quote]

Unfortunately that would probably mean resetting the board altogether after all the major exploits get patched - it would take far too long to investigate all the individual games (and even then we probably wouldn't catch all of them that used exploits).
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:
Only YOU can do your BBcode correctly! wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:There were a few exploits used in that run - it was a game played over several versions.
Remove illegal scores from ScoreBoard!
Unfortunately that would probably mean resetting the board altogether after all the major exploits get patched - it would take far too long to investigate all the individual games (and even then we probably wouldn't catch all of them that used exploits).
Well, there's always the chance the score system will get changed in future. If that happens, suggesting a reset/swap to a new scoreboard and archive the old one wouldn't be out of place.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Hello,

I´ve got score 8102693, luckily still PD, and I can say, that this 12 million is pretty weird, I tried to farm sandstorms as well, cleared out 5 Ares commune and then stayed near gate and shot all what pass through, but as someone mentioned, there are gaps between reinforcements come and I take so long time before new come.
I prefer to figth with Ares shipyard defenders, and with as much as possible shipyards on one place ( I´ve got in game 3 triangle shape at about 80Ls radius, perfect)
Another thing is, that he made it in 3 days. I´m pretty sure, that for my 8 millions, I sped more than 6 days, most time in system before heretic ( biggest concentration of Ares).

Hope, that Phobos get smarter AI in future, most of Ares bases have been destroyed by friendly fire ( do not care about destroyed Ringiars).
And I regret any Ares base destroyed by myself.

Have a nice sunny day
Mc2

P.S.: Now, I fell that real opponent in game, is Phobos, but must be at least two at one time to mage fight bit exciting.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

I forgot to ask, how I get this info how many ships I´ve killed and so on, without killing myself and ending my PD game?

THX for answer

Have a nice sunny day
Mc2
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mc2 wrote:I forgot to ask, how I get this info how many ships I´ve killed and so on, without killing myself and ending my PD game?

THX for answer

Have a nice sunny day
Mc2
Press "F2" during the game and it'll pull up your stats.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Thanks a lot.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

So now, I see, that I spend 4D 8 H in game. killed 8353 ships. (85 phoboses :) )

The best score is strange, only the 48000 sandstorms * 805 score per one lead to 39 mil score.

If the wingmen and autons does not count toward player score this can explain it.

But anyway, there will be lot of questions, like number of shoots and number of destroyed ships etc.

have a nice sunny day
Mc2