1.7 Beta 4 and Part II Alpha Test

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:36 am
Hitscan symbiote? I thought the only two symbiotes were the Torquandis and Jaxii.
Maybe he means the one the green vespids use against the player? That one is highly overpowered for its level, even by the older balance algorithm that values hitscan less than today.
Hades wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:37 am
- I think the Efreet Dual Blaster's fire rate gimmick wasn't working, seemed to only fire at the same speed on every setting.
It is bugged, and I have ticketed this. Variants currently ignore fireRate, and use the fireRate defined in the root <Weapon> bracket, or 16 (3.75 shots/sec) if no fireRate is found.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes, I meant the Green Vespids' weapon. I thought it's a possible drop item that I just didn't get yet.

Also, I agree that the difficulty is really high especially in the beginning, but I guess George's planning to add missions and perhaps even a small tutorial that would get the player some easy money. I must say the current grind before getting the first alien ship isn't really a good starting impression.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Eastwood
Anarchist
Anarchist

After I destroy a Pteravore Lair, with my first approach of the Lair after destruction, I still get a bunch of angry Pteravores coming after me. The ones that I fail to destroy, do their damage to my ship, then return to the destroyed Lair and then disappear forever it seems.

Not sure if this is a bug or this is normal bevaviour for them, since it's been a while I ran into them in the Original game.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Eastwood wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:23 am
After I destroy a Pteravore Lair, with my first approach of the Lair after destruction, I still get a bunch of angry Pteravores coming after me. The ones that I fail to destroy, do their damage to my ship, then return to the destroyed Lair and then disappear forever it seems.

Not sure if this is a bug or this is normal bevaviour for them, since it's been a while I ran into them in the Original game.
Yes this is how they behave. You have to remain cautious for them, even after you have destroyed their lair. They will reappear from the destroyed lair over and over again until they have eventually all come out. Only after the last one is gone, you can safely dock with the destroyed lair for looting.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sometimes I do wonder how exactly can Pteravores eat the fuel of zero point reactors, since those don't even support Pteracnium fuels. Will they be able to eat gravitic fuels when those reactors become available too? And what about the acheotech reactors, which works a little differently?
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Pteravores are a gotcha monster, much like solvent in abandoned crates. First-time player approaches destroyed colony, probably gets surprised by the revenge attack and dies, then he knows better not to do that ever again. Player just needs to hang back enough until the vores stop streaming.

Fuel is fuel, despite in-game fluff trying to convince players otherwise. Pteravores simply drain your fuel. For those who do not use fuel, pteravores have a bite count limit (that was recently added) to prevent them from being perpetually attached to things that do not carry or use fuel.

P.S. The Efreet playership uses a reactor that technically does not use fuel, but has its unique way of consuming and replenishing power that simulates fuel.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Eastwood
Anarchist
Anarchist

ok, no bug there :)

I did notice two things out of the ordinary.

1. When docked to a Reenu Gathering, I do not see my actual balance in RU's, but a (very small and seemingly unrelated to anything) amount of Credits.

Same goes for Pteravore Lairs, Plasmaphore Clusters, Green Vespid Hyves, Crematen Groves and Thorizoa Colonies.

2. I've had a couple of times where suddenly my ship (happened with several different ships) would slow down to a halt automatically. Only by keeping the Forward Thrust pressed I would be able to fly anywhere (Like in a Nebula, but then there without the Nebula around or anywhere near for that matter in some cases.) Saving the game and loading it again from the title screen will resolve it.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's a known bug that firing and maneuvering keys can get stuck on when switching screens. Sounds like your brake key was stuck. If it happens again, try pressing and releasing the stuck key.
Buggy
Anarchist
Anarchist

I can't seem to find any way to switch to a archaeotech ship. None of the Efreet stations sell them, I've even decompiled the .tdb and I can't find any mention of a ship selling screen on any of their station docking screens.
Buggy
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ah, thank you.
Buggy
Anarchist
Anarchist

I have to ask before I give my 2¢, is Contemplation Point the equivalent of Heretic(the end of part 2)? Or is it something more like Charon, St. Katherine, etc?
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hi all, sorry if this is an inappropriate necro, but this is the only active VotG thread I've been able to find on the forum. Surely there is more conversation and community input going on somewhere?

I am wondering how you all got past the very early game. The only enemies my Sapphire can tackle are Grome Outposts and Pteravore lairs. I occasionally get to loot wrecks from battles as well, but after an hour of play I still haven't collected/sold enough loot to get a basic Galactic-level ship like a Durance or a Swift.

I would prefer not to play in god mode or use debug commands; I'd rather contribute to this process purely from a play-testing perspective. I'd understand if dev tools are necessary to progress in the game at this point, though.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I haven't played VoTG a while. Mostly because in the previous beta's there were bugs that made progress nearly impossible. It is still very much in an Alpha state, so if you play VoTG please report bugs.
Its development is making progress, much is still experimental.

The Sapphire struggles with the first systems but usually it is possible to gather enough loot to buy a better ship, The durance and swift are usually too expensive go for the eridan first.
Alandra
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thanks for the tip. I just lucked out and found an undamaged graviton beam in a wreck in a distant system. After selling that, I can afford any starting ship. However, I've found what appears to be a bug. I can't buy any ships! Mechanist stations will display the Durance but the "Buy Ship" tab is greyed out. Biotech stations have no ships available in the womb.
Curious about real-life aliens? www.antareanjourneys.com