Requests for older mods to be updated or improved

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This was mentioned a while back but never happened AFAIK. With the release of 1.8 and the updating of the mod section of the Multiverse coming soon it seems a good time to start this topic.

So if there is a mod you like but it doesn't work anymore or doesn't work as well as it did in previous versions, name it here and maybe someone can make it work.
Also mention any improvements that you think might be useful if added to the mod too.
Also if you can provide details about what needs updating or what bugs are in the mods that would be really helpful.
Note this is only for mods where the writer has been inactive for a long time. Otherwise contact the mod writer to suggest features, request improvements or report bugs.

Two mods that come to mind are the Captain's Log mod and the Network mod (both of which I'm updating as much as possible).

Captain's Log/ShipLog is a great mod. The most useful feature IMO from among the many, many useful features it has is the searchable inventory of the stations that the player has visited.
So you can always find where an item is that you have seen previously.
There are a couple of rough versions in the Captain's Log forum topic but there are still a couple of bugs in them.

The Network mod is a great, and massive, adventure. There is a version on xelerus which works in 1.7 but versions for 1.8b1 or higher suffer from big lag caused by the Trading Computer so it'll be a while before there is another version released.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
wolfwalker_prime
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sure, I got one. Playership Drones! I never did like making a cloud of drones to follow me around, but the ability to hijack destroyed enemy ships and fly them around was awesome! I loved flying a Charon Frigate, and one time I snagged a Worldship.

Of course maintaining the whole complex mod would take a lot of work. But I do wish I could hijack a frigate again...
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It will be a while (no time table set) before I get back to Playership Drones. At the moment, I am busy updating another mod, or rather, updating it sporadically due to real life. (I thought my aforementioned update was be finished last month, but... I was delayed.) That said, I would like to resume work on Playership Drones to exploit the new 1.8 beta features.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Bumping this so members can let us know if any existing mods don't work in 1.8.

There were a few necessary changes for 1.8 to make the game and mods much, much better. But unfortunately this means some existing mods don't work in the current game version.

Known mods.

'Captain's Log'/'Shiplog' worked in 1.7 with a few bugs but in 1.8 it will crash the game. Updating it was difficult so a replacement mod is currently being tested, Commander's Log, which should be available for download on the Multiverse in a couple of weeks.

The 'Network' mod from xelerus.de works (not 'The Network' or 'The Network Repaired' mods which are the original versions) but the normal stations aren't showing up in most of the systems so it isn't worth trying it. There is an updated version in the pipeline but it needs a few more code changes and more testing.
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

EDIT: I will update any mods that I find useful and worth updating in the next time, wish me luck :P :
Here's the list of mods that I was used (and maybe worth to update):
-->Semesta IGC
+Barricade facings, And Totally unusable with The Network mod
(All DigaRW mods):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zhjrwvf7r1ej ... VuHfura?dl
-->CSC Olympus (http://www.xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1450)
+Centurion always swarming the stargate each time I entered St. Kats, A.I
+Also, I hope can change linked-fire weapon in the Olympus ship, it will be sooo good to see in the future
-->Ranx Ships (http://www.xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1207)
+Only unusable when combined with Final Strike Mods
-->Extreme Iocrym (http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1137)
+Only need to change some attack style, and maybe the difficulty too (It looks like Touhou game things, but I still like it :) )
-->Stalwart class-gunship (http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=575)
+Maybe armor mass tweak, and the ship texture

Idk if all of that useful :( , I just write down all the Mods I used.
Last edited by Amteloletom on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It will be a while before I get back to Playership Drones and make it work fully in 1.8 or 1.9 alpha.

Similarly, the Star Castle remake mod has some minor bugs that need to be dealt with, but fixing that will be delayed too.

Currently, I am updating Drake Technologies to 1.9 alpha. After I finish, I will probably resume the work that forced me to take a three month hiatus from Transcendence since March, for another hiatus lasting an unknown amount time.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

An updated Jaeger playership is here: https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8816. It has not had a lot of testing though.
Uses the new dock service screens and the armor segments match.

CSC Olympus is a lot bigger. The multiplying Cents in St Kats are easily fixed, it was a misplaced bracket in the code.
Working on the rest of it now. It will be a while. But is is an awesome mod. Some great features in there.

Ranx ships looks OK as is. I will look at adding automatic reloading so ships and turrets never run out of ammo if I can work out how. That will make it a lot harder!
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Amteloletom wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:46 pm
-Ranx Ships (When combined with Final Strike Mods)
http://www.xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1207
Once the update for The Final Strike is completed, I'll try to make Ranx Ships compatible. Shouldn't be too hard, only need to change the level frequencies.

Let me know if there's any other mods you would like updated. :D
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

We need to add "feature mods" system, like in the xelerus site. That will be useful when people searching for good mods to use in their game. It is also good to identify if the certain mod was outdated, WIP or else.
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

Can anyone pin this or make this post easier to see for the newcomers? Or just make another one tbh, so they can find some of the mods that has been updated or still work properly.
hungryhobo
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi All

It's been almost a decade since I played transcendence and it's been fantastic to come back and see that it's continued to be improved as it's always been a solid game and I think it's far better than most of the greenlit stuff on steam early access.

It does feel a bit like the forum and modding community is a bit dead and some mods I liked aren't listed for 1.8 on xelerus.

looking at xelerus it seems like a lot of the mods are fairly safe: additions of a few items to the base game. I'd love to be able to sort out which ones are compatible with the current game.

So i'm not much of a creative or artist but I've downloaded all the mods from xelerus and so I'm gonna try writing something to parse them and try to decide which are valid and unlikely to cause conflicts, pick up ID conflicts or invalid XML or references to objects no longer in the base game etc.

I'll start with the simplest item addition mods and try to work up from there.

HH
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

Yeah, you could help to manage or simply listing any usable mods or etc. This mods things is like messy library without a librarian.
Xelerus also pretty dead IMO. But sometimes there is always had a new mod or just a new update.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

YourCORP Foundation project now is discontinued. If anyone interested, feel free to take the mods for your own.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Whoever wanted Playership Drones updated, it is ready!

hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello Friends.

I request if possible, can someone update the "Old Resurrection Mod" to work in "Transcendence v1.9 Beta 2" and higher.

Without this mod i just can't play the game in a pleasant way to say the least. :)