Requests for older mods to be updated or improved

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The API version can be updated to 49 and it will load as is from the xelerus package. But this thing doesn't seem to do much at all

This is it-

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE TranscendenceExtension
[
;4350-OLD Resurrect mod (removes new resurrection code and goes back to old code)
	<!ENTITY OldResurrect						"0xE1284350">

]>
<TranscendenceExtension UNID="&OldResurrect;" APIversion="49" name="Old Resurrect" credits="RPC">

<Sovereign UNID="&svPlayer;"
			name="independent"
			alignment="constructive chaos"
			>
		<Events>
			<GetGlobalAchievements>
				(block (theList missionRewards)

; Current player money

(setq theList
						(map (filter (typFind "$") theEcon (gr (objGetBalance gPlayerShip theEcon) 0)) theEcon
							(list (cat "Money (" (fmtCurrency theEcon True) ")") (objGetBalance gPlayerShip theEcon))
							)
						)					

; Money earned on missions

(if (setq missionRewards (typGetGlobalData &svPlayer; "missionRewards"))
						(setq theList (append theList (list
							(list "Money earned on missions" missionRewards "missions &amp; activities")
							)))
						)

theList
					)
			</GetGlobalAchievements>
		</Events>
	</Sovereign>
</TranscendenceExtension>
And it doesn't do anything about the player message on res, doesn't look like it ever did though either - not seeing how ; Current player money and ; Money earned on missions code blocks would have worked to do what was advertised...
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

NewOldResurrect

Maybe this is doing what you want? I don't really pay much attention to the resurrect process, so cloning and ship repairs and moving to a safe place all seems fine and natural to me.

This overwrites the unidPlayer and just commented out the stuff going on when you resurrect in there

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE TranscendenceExtension
[

<!ENTITY NewOldResurrect						"0xDDDD4350">

]>
<!--

Suppressed the code in the OnGlobalUniverseLoaded event that does 2 things:
  1- repairs the ship and puts you somewhere safe. Who wants that?! Nonsense!
  2- sends the player a message about waking up in a new body. Ew! Awful! How Dare You! That's just too far.

-->
<TranscendenceExtension UNID="&NewOldResurrect;" APIversion="49" name="New Old Resurrect" credits="Periculi">

<Type unid="&unidPlayer;"
          inherit="&unidCommonText;">
        <Events>
            <GetGlobalAchievements>
                (block (
                (missionRewards (typGetData &svPlayer; 'missionRewards))
                )
                (append

;	Current player money

(map (typFind "$") 'removeNil theEcon
                (if (gr (objGetBalance gPlayerShip theEcon) 0)
                {
                descID: 'achievement.playerMoney
                value: (objGetBalance gPlayerShip theEcon)

currency: (fmtCurrency theEcon True)
                }
                )
                )

;	Money earned on missions

(if missionRewards
                (list {
                descID: 'achievement.missionMoney
                value: (fmtCurrency (unvGetProperty 'defaultCurrency) missionRewards)
                sectionID: 'missionsAndActivities
                })
                )
                )
                )
            </GetGlobalAchievements>

<OnGlobalUniverseLoad>
                ; Commenting all this out as it might be "the new resurrect"

; If we're loading because of a resurrect, repair the ship

;(if (= aReason 'resurrect)
                ;(block Nil
                ; Put the player in a safe place and repair the ship
                ;(rpgRestorePlayer)

; Tell the player about the resurrection
                ;(plyMessage gPlayer (typTranslate gType 'msgResurrection))
                ;)
                ;)
            </OnGlobalUniverseLoad>
        </Events>

<Language>
            <Text id="msgResurrection">You wake up somewhere else in an identical body...</Text>

<Text id="achievement.playerMoney">Money (%currency%)</Text>
            <Text id="achievement.missionMoney">Money earned on missions</Text>
        </Language>
    </Type>
</TranscendenceExtension>
hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh, thank you Periculi for the new extension, now it works just like the old one did with older versions.

I don't know how people are, but i like to sometimes take my chance and try to penetrate some stronger enemy defensive and after fail and death if i keep respawning who knows where and keep flying back to the same spot to take my chances again to fail and so on, it will take me a very long time to do what i want and it will take from the fun as well.

Thanks again Periculi for the extension, now i really am going to play this new version all night long. :)

P.S. hey if anybody knows of a mod/extension that adds a personal chest in every system that uses a shared inventory, please let me know, i really wish this feature would be someday in the game, reminds me of Sacred. :)
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

After taking a look at rpgRestorePlayer I think you might be missing some critical things now.

; Repair the ship
					(intArmorRepairAll gPlayerShip)
					(intDeviceRepairAll gPlayerShip)
					(shpRechargeShield gPlayerShip)
					(shpRefuelFromItem gPlayerShip (itmCreate &itHelium3FuelRod; (shpGetFuelNeeded gPlayerShip (itmCreate &itHelium3FuelRod; 1))))
					(objChangeEquipmentStatus gPlayerShip 'SRS 'repair)
					(objFixParalysis gPlayerShip)
					(shpDecontaminate gPlayerShip)

(objSetProperty gPlayerShip 'interiorHP (objGetProperty gPlayerShip 'maxInteriorHP))

hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

yeah, it does save the game and load without the random resurrection speech, but the save is automatically overwritten after doing some "thing" or "random major thing", like destroying a domina station for example or spending all my money donating to domina and after self destroy and load the ship is not at the original save point and no money + domina station is destroyed and there is no way i can deal with the code you give me the last time Periculi, i'm no coder.

I'll just wait for a while for the extension to refine a bit. still appreciate the effort. i will still check once in a while if the extension is complete.
hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello, so anybody was able to improve the Old Resurrect Mod?

Can't believe no one needs it, to me it's essential if i am trying to do some crazy stunts in the game, and not only for that, it's a one slot to a secure save.
The Autosave System just isn't good for me, it should be optional, but it's mandatory. maybe cause it's Beta.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I am not too sure modding the bits involved with resurrect code that I saw can affect any changes to how the game is making saves. That's not something I have seen in the XML ever as far as I can recall, which isn't really saying much- I have bad memory and there is a lot of the xml currently I haven't ever looked at.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If it's just the saving when you accept a mission that's bothering you, you can disable mission checkpoints in settings.xml.
hawk86
Anarchist
Anarchist

NMS wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:50 am
If it's just the saving when you accept a mission that's bothering you, you can disable mission checkpoints in settings.xml.
Yes, you are right, i had to disable the checkpoint in the settings xml file, i didn't know i can alter there stuff without breaking something in the game, usually like to play games like they are, but in this case i was used to not have to spawn in random safe areas after death, this is why i needed the old resurrection mod.

Must say that the New Old Resurrection Mod works, and plus disabling the checkpoint in the settings xml file did the trick for me.

Must say again something, checkpoint normally produces after simply entering a station, even if you don't take any missions, even if you just destroyed it and pay a visit to loot, but no problem anymore.

Thanks guys, great community here, help doesn't forget to come, if i will encounter anything else i will post. :D