regen= "8"

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Do I really have to tell you THAT is ridiculous ?

That is on a Curators stronghold......over 20 KM500s in BA and it was STILL alive.

Ares commune : Rengen = "25"
Ares Shipyard : regen= "22"
Teraton fabricator : regen = "24"

This is Insane.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Mon May 20, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

an Ak505 whit kinetic enhancer
or mk3 / mk1 whit makayev enhancer
works fine on stations, using ammo on them is a waste...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Tiber wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:28 pm
an Ak505 whit kinetic enhancer
or mk3 / mk1 whit makayev enhancer
works fine on stations, using ammo on them is a waste...
I do apologize. However, there is no excuse for the extremely high regen rates.

Take the Corporate Trading post : regen 12 .....might as well just go full Immutable.

As far as weapons ( as you suggest ) : not available in every game by the time one reaches BA.

I enjoy getting an Omni turbolaser in BA...but that is not always possible.

And the player's adjusting to these insanely bad ideas is NOT the way it needs to be,
I use ALOT of missiles in my games,
firing missiles repeatedly because a station suddenly has the strength of an Iocrym command ship is ridiculous.

If they are packing Blast Plate they need to go down with the life span of that armor, not pack a set of Plasteel and have the strength of worldship.

Kaama
Anarchist
Anarchist

I am fine with stations, always thought they are too easy to kill, they definietly dont have strenght of Iocorym ;d, but yeah at begining you may be just not able to kill something and it isnt necesirly bad.
Also if you dont like such dificulity level then simply modify gear on your starting playership, way easier than downgrade stations. :twisted:
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Kaama wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 pm
I am fine with stations, always thought they are too easy to kill, they definietly dont have strenght of Iocorym ;d, but yeah at begining you may be just not able to kill something and it isnt necesirly bad.
Also if you dont like such dificulity level then simply modify gear on your starting playership, way easier than downgrade stations. :twisted:
I have to agree with you, yes.

I love Transcendence , I am always in Awe of the great minds of everyone that has helped build this game up and Eternally grateful that George has shared it with us all.

However, when something goes out of bounds, even the slightest, I got nuts. I know I do.
( that's why nobody ever listens to me :) )

=========================================================================
A Regen over 3 in systems before STK is pretty much not being fair to the player.

Why? because not every game has available the kind of firepower required for stations fighting back with a Regen cycle to a basic ship that early in the game.

Now, AFTER STK : yes, go for it, increase the regens, but stations that are showing up in Pre- STK systems requiring firepower that I sincerely doubt a new player is going to get hold of.......I disagree with that.

Yet , at the same time ....to go upwards of 9 is still pushing the player...not every player in every game is going to get Military weapons, join the fleet, etc......

My first game that I won, in the Freighter with a pilfered Ares shield from a Deimos and a Black Market Tev 9.

I approach every game ( outside of my personal ones ) with a new player mindset ( if you play Mods and write your own extensions, playing a regular game is VERY different and you are basically a newbie at every turn. )

I can't even begin to tell you how bad I feel when I get killed by Arco after not playing a regular game for a few weeks.

Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Generally speaking, regen on stations is intended to fix a station if you go away and come back again. There's probably some room to examine/chart regen by level effectively to see what stations exceed things a little. The big offenders are easier to spot, and generally I think they need more HP, with less regen.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Song wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:24 am
Generally speaking, regen on stations is intended to fix a station if you go away and come back again. There's probably some room to examine/chart regen by level effectively to see what stations exceed things a little. The big offenders are easier to spot, and generally I think they need more HP, with less regen.
yes! yes! and Yes!

I am forever adjusting Armor on stations that I think are too weak or just not appropriate for that station :

and...to be funny I think it was, the Anarchists have :

armorID= "&itLightTitaniumPlate;"
hitPoints= "50"

Light Titanium Plate has a Hit point of 10.......so that is to say the station is made up of 5 pieces of basically scar metal........not exactly something you would want to call home.

I change it to Titanium Plate hitPoints= "20", and up the total to 100 hitPoints so at least they got a chance :)