placing images in post text query

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OK. I worked out that the" Add files" feature on the forum also lets you add images, not just files (yes, yes, images are files too, I know, relax! :)). But I can't work out how to place the images anywhere but at the bottom of the post. Song puts text then an image then text then another image, etc in the Elemental Shift topic. That is the desired layout I'm trying for.
There is an "inline" option for images/files but it doesn't seem to do anything. Also the image shortcut above the text entry box when posting.
Thanks
Thanks
sorted.jpg (6.81 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
Could someone please do a quick post about how to set the images at a specfic point in the post? It probably isn't hard but there is never enough time to experiment. This would make tutorial topics a lot clearer. TIA.
Last edited by relanat on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sure I can help with this one. When you've uploaded an image, clicking "place inline" when you have an active cursor/location in the text box will insert it at that location. You can move it around later. Then just write between the attachment embeds.
Something something here's an embed for demonstration purposes
Something something here's an embed for demonstration purposes
AXTIRFortress.png (65.52 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
I'm embedding a copy of the AXTIR fortress image as a demo after writing this: clicking the empty line between this paragraph and the previous one, then hitting "Place Inline". The code for that embed looks like this:

Code: Select all

[attachment=0]AXTIRFortress.png[/attachment]
It took a while before I worked that one out, but it's useful for post formatting (and also lets you see how many people have read the post since you put it up, something I use sneakily in my mod development thread now and then).
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’m glad Song knows how to do that, because I just link to images I’ve posted on Discord first. Discord makes for a very convenient image hosting service sometimes… <.< >.> <.<;

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Excellent. Thanks.
I can get the images in the right spot but can't work out how to get any additional text to show; "Something something..." in the example above.
Is there a special formatting trick of some sort that is required to show this inside the code?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There's a field in the attachment labelled "code comment". Just type it in there.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh yeah, hidden in plain sight! Many thanks.