Bosses by difficulty

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just a general ranking of boss ships
Tell me if I am missing anything from the base game or if I misspelled something.
Opinions and dissents are appreciated.

By the order of systems you "should" find the bosses:
Arco Vaughn Warlord
Charon Frigate "Kronosaur"
"The Slicer" Gladiator
Xenophobe Destroyer Revenge Mission
The Dragon Slaver
Ranx Dreadnaught Revenge Mission
Xenophobe Worldship Revenge Mission
CSC Antartica
Phobos Dreadnaught
Xenophobe Ark
Icroym Commandship

Relative difficulty for their system:
Easy:
Archo Vaughn Warlord
Xenophobe Destroyer Revenge Mission

Normal:
CSC Antartica
Charon Frigate "Kronosaur"
Xenophobe Ark

Hard:
Ranx Dreadnaught Revenge Mission
"The Slicer" Gladiator
Phobos Dreadnaught

Insane:
The Dragon Slaver
Xenophobe Worldship Revenge Mission
Icroym Commandship
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

I presume your difficulty ranking is based on relative difficulty for the system level in which you can encounter the boss fight?

Also its not exactly a normal 'boss' fight, but theres the aquila fleet sent to kill the antarctica.

Then theres EP and CC's bosses too, though arguably that quickly gets into spoiler territory since they are more plot driven
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah. For example, you should have around level 8 gear by the time you fight the Dragon Slaver. However, if you have weapons one level lower, let's say your launcher or primary weapon are blast base, then it becomes an overwhelmingly difficult fight even if you have level 9 shields.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That's not entirely true. U should be able to deal whit the dragon slayer whit an mk III or a lancer, if not, practice more ;-)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If I do not need to fight other slavers to stop them from destroying the temple, what I like to do is hide inside a planet or other object near Hurin destroyers and wait until the Hurin ships destroy the Dragon Slaver. Dragon Slaver's target is always the playership and it will not seek anything else.

Probably less effective in 1.9a1 since planets or other similar objects no longer block attacks as reliably as they used to.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
squalus10
Anarchist
Anarchist

The Phobos was always one of the scariest to me. The lightning cannons melting your shield and then the phobos weapon 1 hitting your armor was always my experience. Any of the NAMI heavy launcher ships are pretty scary too but not necessarily bosses. Also accidentally flying through penitient shrine waves hehe.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Blast weapons are almost meaningless against the Dragon Slaver. There is a reason why dragging the Dragon Slaver to the Huari takes literally a lifetime to deal with because it's shields and armor are incredibly resistant against blast. It's harder to kill a Dragon Slaver with Blast, than it is to kill a Phobos with Thermo.

Thermo/Ion are the only weapons that can it down with ease. Particle is iffy, because if your main WMD weapon can't break past the incoming Antimatter projectiles, then killing the Dragon Slaver will take a long time.

I've always found the easiest way to deal with the Dragon Slaver is to Domina powers and fighting it with Thermo/Ion.

Otherwise, Makayev Red Strelkas with something like a Hanzo Blaster is an affordable way to do a "mano a mano" fight.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I once pitted a Dragon slaver against a Deimos. The slaver won (quick and easy), it took two more Deimos destroyers to kill the slaver.

However, never had trouble with it myself, usually because it is programmed to go after the player and that makes it vulnerable (you can reliably use kiting for example).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Resistant or not, Dragon Slaver will eventually die to more than a dozen slam cannons plus occasional howitzer fire from all of the Hurin ships and buildings swarming the temple area. (Player does not need to wait very long.) If player does not need to be in the open to kill Earth Slavers attacking the temple (because he got the kill base or kill lone Dragon Slaver path instead), the player can hide in the nearby planet or even inside the temple itself and the Hurin will kill the Dragon Slaver.

It does not matter who kills the Dragon Slaver. All that matters is getting its archcannon from its wreck then fixing it before player leaves the Huari (or turn around and kill them for more loot).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.