Storyline in Eternity Port

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I got Eternity Port. I finished the Luminous and ED/APD storylines. I got into the UAS and NAU. The only noteworthy mission line I didn't get into was the rescuing the Commonwealth Scientists for CSC Terra. I finished all the Commonwealth missions available and wasn't able to get it. I'll try again someday.

I think Eternity Port lacks a full story. None of the base game factions interact with the Four Powers. The pacing of the Luminous path is inconsistent. Half the time, I'm not thinking that there is a looming AI threat over humanity because I am not involved significantly till the end.

The UAS and NAU is shallow. All I got from UAS was more options for the Nanoforge. The NAU gave me access to their stations.

ADP/ED storylines are good. They show the rivalry. However, it felt bland in the grand scheme of things. It was more a like a petty rivalry with little backstory to it and it held little geopolitical consequences from the players' perspective. Nothing you do will affect other factions.

Mercenary missions shouldn't be one time all the time. I like the Corporate Command model where every so often, you can get a mission again at the same place. This should definitely be the case for more important factions.

One last thing, I thought there will be something interesting at the Urak system because it is named. It turns out to be a generic system.

Most of my enjoyment came from discovering new lore and the base game features. Unfortunately, the lore is shallow and appears to be unfinished.

My review of the storyline is critical but I want to know if I am missing any story.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No, your not missing any storyline a.t.m.
At this time George opted to link the 2 separate story's true part II; making it:
Part I (+CC?) -> part II -> EP, not sure how he will make it fun/balance that tho.
By the time your in any ship from part II anything in the systems in EP will be vastly underpowered, same vica versa.
Hence i still would recommend EP the be an Addon to Part I +CC + EP.... but that's up to George... time will tell ;-)
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Do you mean he wants to connect all the star systems in the game?
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Nothing solid, he opted about it on one of his twitch sessions.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

He’s adding The Near Stars topology to Stars of the Pilgrim as an expansion option for to add for anybody who has the Eternity Port adventure. It’s apparently going to work similar to Corporate Command, in that you have the option to include or exclude it upon starting up a new game. It will also add other Eternity Port content (such as factions and some (but not all) storylines).

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:57 pm
 He’s adding The Near Stars topology to Stars of the Pilgrim as an expansion option for to add for anybody who has the Eternity Port adventure. It’s apparently going to work similar to Corporate Command,

Ahh, that for sure now? Would be nice to see that happen ^^
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yep, he confirmed it and showed it off on the first stream this month. It’s going to require a bit of topology work in TBR due to adding a new connection to Rigel Aurelius, but that’s my problem…

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)