The Next Frontier
After years of work, dozens of intermediate releases, and thousands of suggestions and ideas from the loyal community, the long-awaited Transcendence version 0.2.0 is finally here! A lot has changed over the past decade; times change, things change, and even changes change. Transcendence has changed vastly ever since I used to call it Frontier. But nothing, absolutely nothing, has changed about the Roguelike tradition! In today's modern world of open world games with cutting-edge graphics and tired science fiction tropes, the good old text-based game still reigns supreme in bringing out the essence of game design. To honor my roots in the world of roguelikes, I have decided to rewrite Transcendence as a console-based, grid-based, ASCII-style roguelike. Also, I changed the name to Transcendence: Rogue Frontier.
The Rogue Frontier
You read that right! As of April 1st, 2020, Transcendence: Rogue Frontier is a new roguelike that revitalizes the old frontier of minimal graphics and pure gameplay. It's back to the past when the game world was still fixed on the grid. And I hope you understand, I've scrapped the old ship graphics in favor of colorful letters. They're just so colorful!
Awaiting in the game is a different universe from the one you already know. There is no "Sisters of Domina" or "Commonwealth." Now we have the 'Daughters of the Orator' and the 'United Constellation.' The old Sapphire-class yacht is now the Amethyst-class yacht.
The Feature Frontier
Transcendence: Rogue Frontier has only begun development, so stay tuned for updates. For now, be ready for the following features:
- An engine rewritten from the ground up using C# and MonoGame with a simpler architecture, with parts salvaged from previous projects. The XML format you know and love has been trimmed down to the core. Unfortunately, we had to get rid of TLisp since some of us refuse to even touch it.
- Hero images have been remastered into the universal medium of ASCII art.
- New heroes and new enemies! Make friends with questionable characters and take down the Orion Warlords!
- Fast-paced, action-packed battles across the screen! Fly faster and fight harder against enemies that struggle to aim just as much as you do!
- Only the first system is actually finished as of this release!
- Scratch that, only the first stations near the player's spawn location are finished as of this release!
- But still, I worked really hard on this! It's only been nine days since I started this project!
Hopefully the game won't crash on anyone's computer other than mine. For good measure, you should have the latest version of .NET Framework (for Windows only) or Mono (for cross-platform) installed.
https://github.com/INeedAUniqueUsername ... /tag/0.0.1
The April Fools Frontier
April Fools! Ha! You probably wished this was real! And it actually is! The joke's on you! Ha ha ha ha! This is only the first release of what will most likely be many more!
The Special Thanks Frontier
Special thanks to George Moromisato for being the developer of Transcendence trying to reach the Galactic Core. Special thanks to the