Bellfruit rotted instantly?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
ShaggyMoose
Anarchist
Anarchist

I bought these from St Kats and made my way immediately to the nearest stargate; before I even got there, I received the message they had rotted... I don't recall needing any specific equipment to prevent this. Is the timer screwy, or are you supposed to sell these immediately within the same system?
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes, they are on a timer. Fresh, ripe then rotten. You may get strawberries or lucumas (spelling?) in other games which can also rot. Sell to a hotel or corporate enclave for the best profit.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ShaggyMoose wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:00 am
I bought these from St Kats and made my way immediately to the nearest stargate; before I even got there, I received the message they had rotted... I don't recall needing any specific equipment to prevent this. Is the timer screwy, or are you supposed to sell these immediately within the same system?
There is a Mod (extension ) called "Stasis Pod" that can help keep fruits fresher longer - but not by much.

"Lucuma;" = expireTime - 10800
"Bell Fruit;" = expireTime -7200
"white peaches" = expireTime -7200
"strawberries" = expireTime -5400

These timers operate "OnUpdate" which is pretty quick, But hopefully this information can assist you in picking which products you might want to choose to attempt to sell outside the system & those you might want to sell in the system.

Coffee is not affected by this ( yet ) :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

They can ripen and rot while they're in the station's inventory. It periodically spawns more if it's low until the player has bought a certain amount. So if you buy them ripe, you may have very little time before they rot. If they're fresh, you have at least a bit of time to take them to another station in the system or maybe a nearby system.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

NMS wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:33 am
They can ripen and rot while they're in the station's inventory. It periodically spawns more if it's low until the player has bought a certain amount. So if you buy them ripe, you may have very little time before they rot. If they're fresh, you have at least a bit of time to take them to another station in the system or maybe a nearby system.

I smell a cooking ( pies !!! , Cookies !!! ) / Juicer Mod brewing in your brains .....
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..