device protect

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

All armor segment have device protect, still it dint work.
I dit however, rely on this list that lvl 11 armor is device protect by default.

list link;

http://wiki.kronosaur.com/gameplay/inhe ... esistivity

https://ibb.co/QQfGFHB

https://ibb.co/zQL9vDs

right... pictures i cant seem to get working, ...anyway...

This is a bug i assume?
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"Device protect" on armor protects against ion cannons like the ones used by Ventari that disrupt and sometimes damage devices. External devices like side-mounted weapons can be damaged by any damage that isn't blocked by shields because they're outside your armor.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thank you for that info.

Sounds pretty useless tho.
Also, maybe explain that ingame somehow / use desciptions?.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Does this mean device protect is the same as inonize immume?

NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think ionize immune also protects against EMP and blinding, but most armors that would have it are high enough level to be immune to those anyway. I agree it would be useful to have more in-game information about damage and resistance mechanics.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Right, thanx for all the help in explaining.

I dont know what i was thinking... why bother changing from solar armor (+ biggest sheild i can find) anyways?
Al the other crap doesnt seem todo the same job let alone better....

edit;
PS yes i am aware of CSC free refuel and domina refuel
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Solar armor doesn't make fuel any more, it just grants power in sunlight.

My favorite playstyle is to use the Manticore for its armor repairer and then try to survive without ever paying for repairs or buying fuel (so dock services are only for installation/removal and buying ammo). It's doable but you have to keep pushing forward to get more enemies to loot fuel from, which means you can't afford to backtrack much. You also have to be careful about when you upgrade your reactor, to avoid locking yourself out from being able to use the fuel that's available.

It's a lot harder if you fly a ship with a shield though, because they draw so much more power.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

playing CC in 1.7 not 1.8.... solar armor completely sucks there......

Anyway, Device protect does not protects devices -.-
Is this a mistranslation from some other language? cus it surely doesnt make mutch sense.

For an external device like patch arm or weapon, this armor attribute should be alcoves or other putholes ect ect whatever to ... you know... protect the devices....

As for rushing forward, i dont like that kind of playstyle at all. At a station for example, i like to toss around and consider my options, when i run out of fuel doing so, i go recharge at the star, than come back.
And yes i do backtrack .. alot.