Sapphire Yacht Typo

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Creating Inappropriate "Signature Dialouge" since yestermorrow!

It says Verstile, and it's supposed to be Versatile and yacht should be capitalized. Yacht should also be capitalized in the name (I think)

Don't ask how I know these things... I'm just OC about Grammer... especially if I don't know how to spell something, then I just go crazy.

it is
The verstile Sapphire yacht strikes a good balance between a gunship and a freighter.
it should be
The versatile Sapphire Yacht strikes a good balance between a gunship and a freighter.
Charon Fizz-Soda! It's Red! It tastes like Awesomness! AND PIRATES MADE IT! Better than Eridani Mineral Water too!
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Charon Mass of Goo wrote:It says Verstile, and it's supposed to be Versatile and yacht should be capitalized. Yacht should also be capitalized in the name (I think)

Don't ask how I know these things... I'm just OC about Grammer... especially if I don't know how to spell something, then I just go crazy.

it is
The verstile Sapphire yacht strikes a good balance between a gunship and a freighter.
it should be
The versatile Sapphire Yacht strikes a good balance between a gunship and a freighter.
maybe it should be:
"The underpowered Sapphire Yacht strickes a good balance between total lack of power and... a total lack of power." :lol:
I think it needs a buff (seriously, max 6ton armor?)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

One idea I had was, using the tractor script (ideally once it uses binary search) I can make ICX-like turrets that target enemy ships. Combined with a concept by Periculi which created slots and filled them with useless virtual devices until the right thing was done, I can give the Sapphire auto-turret slots which should make the sapphire usable, as it shouldn't need more than one (and perhaps not even one) weapon late-game, and should be quite devastating at close range (the turret shouldn't have quite as much range as the actual weapon but can be used in conjunction with other turrets and weapons) with all the turrets. Furthermore, the sapphire would have a unique personality.

This would require the turrets count as a non-weapon slot for the Wolfen (so that it isn't just better than the Sapphire), but as a weapon slot for the freighter (so it can't abuse it either), though, and that might be a problem.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Combined with a concept by Periculi which created slots and filled them with useless virtual devices until the right thing was done,
Oh, well.. I actually have totally improved the methods of doing nested devices and applied it to a ship infrastructure model.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

"The underpowered Sapphire Yacht strickes a good balance between total lack of power and... a total lack of power."
I think it needs a buff (seriously, max 6ton armor?)
no, wait!, why ? the sapphire is my second choice (and the first ship I finished the game with) :)
a sapphire with a cargo hold and a pteracnium megadrive is really versatile and fast as hell. 8)
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

versatile? Five device slots for expansion.

Already accounted for:

1. shield.
2. weapon1.

other device slots:

1. cargo hold
2. megadrive
3. reactor
4. weapon2
5. ICX

The wolfen is more maneuverable
The wolfen has 3 extra slots for weapons
The wolfen can have armor weighing 10 tons.

The wolfen starts out militarily superior over the other ships.

The freighter can have more devices
The freighter starts out economically superior over the other ships.
The freighter can have just about any tonnage of armor, including worldship plate (!).
The freighter has superior cargo space.

The sapphire may be faster than either ship with a megadrive (the freighter shouldn't be slow with it either though and the wolfen is naturally fast), which it could sacrifice for a jumpdrive, a third weapon, or a CPU if necessary.
The sapphire can have up to 6 ton armor.

The sapphire has more cargo space than the wolfen (20 tons?).
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's perfectly acceptable not to capitalize yacht in this case - in much the same way you don't need a Dell Computer or a 12-string Guitar, you don't need a Sapphire class Yacht.

EDIT: If you are going to insist that yacht is part of the product name then at least it should be "Sapphire-class Yacht" - "Sapphire Yacht" is kind of silly. I can't think of any type of product which would include the type of item it is in the name - a Toyota Camry Car? Even in the case of something like "a Stanley pencial" the 'pencil' is not part of the name, it's a description of the item - it's not a Stanley Pencil pencil (well it could be if Stanley Pencil was a company but that is not the case here) - same case here, it's not a Sapphire-class Yacht yacht (remember you still have to say what it is - can't say "hand me that Stanley"), the adjective (in this case) "Stanley" needs a subject, 'pencil'.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

OddBob wrote:..."a Stanley pencial" the 'pencil'...
Since this is a spelling thread... :lol: